In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Something I didn't know...can you believe it?

mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Was at a gun show in MD last weekend looking for some guns for Mrs. Mudge to "try on". Told one dealer we were looking for a Colt Defender and a Springfield compact. He told us that we weren't going to find either at a show in MD. Said Colt and Springfield have refused to furnish the spent case MD law requires because it costs them too much money to do it. So they've just blown off MD as a market because of that stupid law. Too bad for youse MDers.

Mudge the educated

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for them. Personally, I think any and all gun manufacturers should cease selling their guns in gun control happy states. Why do they allow themselves to have to hurl obstacles to sell their products?

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    To bad for the MD'ers but good on the companies.

JuJu(the informed, impossible to educate)
  • orca44magorca44mag Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, has Mrs. Mudge tried a Colt Defender yet?
    I really like those and have been considering one, so some feedback would be appreciated if it's possible.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Is that the little 380 1911? The guy around the corner has one he custom ordered many years ago that is factory chromed, engraved and ivory gripped. Had his name engraved in it too.What a pretty handgun it was.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • ZzzzippgunZzzzippgun Member Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    I think you were getting lied to. I live in a state where Fired cases come with new arms.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We bought Mrs. Mudge a Colt Defender Lightweight. It's .45acp.
    I post a picture but I don't know how.

Mudge the incompetent

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    What one is the 380?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Colt's makes a Government Model .380, a Mustang, and a Pocketlite .380, same as Govt Model, with alloy frame.
  • EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should of been told you can't get a "new" gun in what you were looking for. As it is any gun made after 2003 must comply to the laws now ineffect,(spent shell, built in trigger-lock).

Wish I woulda known if anybody woulda been in MD, coulda went table lookin with ya.
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I think everyone should follow Ronnie Barrett's path and avoid everyone and every State that is against his practice and constitutional rights.

Let the Maryland State Police get their arms, support, and training from Daisy.

kabalogoshadowed.gif