In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SOG M44...should I return it ??

tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just got a batch from SOG. Very happy with the CZ 52's and the Swiss K31...I'm okay with the Enfield jungle carbine (kinda rusty-pitted)...But the Nagant M44 with a "hairline crack" looks like someone thought it was an axe and swung it at a tree a few times...I don't expect much for $40, but this is a total POS...thumb size chunks are missing...Should I just eat it, or go through the hassle of returning it ??? I'm thinking that for the money involved, I'll just make my opinion known and let it go...But still, it ticks me off...If I could post pics, you would be appalled....

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    very exact same thing happened to me. I ordered three of the $39 Mosin Nagents and they were so bad I sent em back. Same with the Enfield Jungle Carbine for which I had paid the $10.00 extra for the handpicked one. Man after what I got I would have hated to see what the non-handpicked ones looked like. You might take part of the stock off that Jungle carbine to see it it looks a whole lot worse on the areas you haven't seen yet. I thhink they must have stored them for the last 40 years in an unheated shed with a leaky roof.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $40 sounds like a good deal, but from several posts lately it seems like these "deals" are ending up being $40 junk. I paid $75 for an M44 from a place out of shotgun news. It was perfect, fresh out of the grease wrap. Perfect wood, perfect bore, bright blue, etc. Hit a soda can at 1oo yds 1st shot w/ no adjustments needed. $35 more, yes, but worth every penny.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I'll sell you a stock for that 'ole girl.

I've got one of those black plastic stocks laying around here some where's for that M-44, fits M91's too, same rifle- different barrel.

kabalogoshadowed.gif