In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ONLY AT AN AUCTION

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Auctions are where ya meet some real "Smart" people, I sometimes have to stop myself from laughing out loud at some of them. Tonight we had a table full of stuff so the auctioneer said "High bidder gets anything he wants off the table" so bid went to TEN dollars, Bidder and back up bidder got what they wanted. Auctioneer ask if any one wanted anything for ten bucks, no one raised their hand, so Auctioneer said "I will auction it one more time" Bid went to 15 bucks.. GO FIGURE[:0][:0][:0][:0]

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happens everytime.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    [?] Makes you wonder
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Maybe there was something on the table worth a LOT more than $15 and somebody didn't want to draw attention to it. I go to auctions all the time and there are some really shrewd people there. I personally know a couple of millionares who LOOK like they just walked out of the woods. Unless you personally know the value of what was on the table, you can't possibly make an accurate judgement about the process. Keep an open mind and watch the players at auctions and you may learn something.
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    Woodshermit you miss the point.
    The high bid was $10.00 The winning bidder took what he wanted and the auctioneer asked if anyone else wanted thier choice off the table
    for 10.00 No one did so they opened the bidding back up and it went higher to 15.00. So the next guy paid 5.00 extra when he could have just gotten it for 10.00

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not me.. I would have bid 15 for ALL the remaining stuff.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,875 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    People go nuts at auctions for some reason. I have seen people at farm auctions pay new price for used stuff.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    I love auctions...some strange things happen..aint figured em all out yet. Sort of like an itch, do you scratch it or not?
    Walte
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever notice on fleabay....when there are several same items from the same seller even, everyone will run up the bid on one and not leave the others unsold? [?]