In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New HK M4.......

3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I quess they finally decided.... if you can't beat'em, join'em.

m4rightmainpopup.jpg

"Have a gun that works every time. All skill is in vein when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
Raleigh.gif

Comments

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    looks pretty

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    How do you say "still jams when dirty" in German?[;)]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    same look,same problems, NEW COMPANY!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Proposed tag lines to advertise the new H&K M4:

- "We got tired of turning out firearms that didn't jam."
    - "Because 90% of the American public will buy whatever you sell them."
    - "The new H&K M4 - When you absolutely, positively have to spend more time cleaning than shooting."
    - "The new H&K M4: attempting to disprove the notion that $#!% by any other name would smell just as rancid."

Now if it has the SL8/G36 recoil system, that would be another story.

Heck, if that were the case, I might finally actually buy an AR-15 type gun!
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    quote:How do you say "still jams when dirty" in German

Sorry guys, but I have to disagree, I have been shooting (and owning) AR's and M16's and clones since 1969 and have probably fired better than 100,000 rnds out of these weapons.

They do not jam any more or any less than any other semi-auto rifle.

The do require cleaning just like any weapon and the quality of ammo you shoot can have a bearing on the functionality of the weapon.

If I could have only one weapon it would be an AR or quality clone.

I have drug these guns through the mud,the blood and the beer and trust them to do what they were designed to do when I need them to do it.

So do our troops and the isralies, they do and have done so for many years now, must be something right about them.

They are light, accurate, and ammo is light enough to carry a large load.

I personally know a guy who has shot over 6,000 rnds out of his and has not cleaned it(IMI and WOLF ammo) to see if it will jam/gumup, so far only problem is an occassional faliure to fully seat the bullet requiring the use of the forward assist.

USe of the proper lubricant/cleaning solvent for the environment the weapon is to be used it is key to fouling. Just like the right oil/ or no oil is necessary in severe cold climates.

Couldnt disagree more with your comments on this weapons reliability.

JuJu (just my opnion, others may vary)
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with you on that one juju. I have owned and shot AR's (mainly Colt's) for many years. I have never been concerned with or questioned their reliability. The only problem I have ever experienced was when I tried using a cheap mag which resulted in some feeding problems. But, I do take care of my equipment and clean them accordingly.

"Have a gun that works every time. All skill is in vein when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
    Raleigh.gif