In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Henry Yellowboy 44 mag

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I guess I never paid much attention to the new Henry levers. I knew they had the 22, but saw in the american hunter they have a 44 mag also.

Got any opinions on the 44 version?

I'll be loggin off soon so responses may come in the morning or tomorow afternoon.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just bought a new style rossi (howa ) cowboy oct bl 44 mag cheaper than comparable marlin or winchester or henry...my question is with brass frame against top end saami reloads versus steel frame ????????
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I have the Golden Boy 22 and I absolutly love it! Smoothest action I have ever had! The Golden Boy is a Brass Alloy casting, basically pot metal, but has served me well so far.

Ive read some reviews on the Yellow Boy 44 and the receiver on it is solid brass!!! The reviews were very positive!!! I chose the Marlin Cowboy 44 Mag myself, little pricy but a fine gun!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • BigBoreRobBigBoreRob Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive had one in 45lc for a couple of years now, with well over 3000 rounds threw it and would never get rid of it. It just works flawlesly. Cant say enough good about it.

Ill never understand why a women would dedicate her entire life to making one man miserable when she could make so many men happy
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Ive read some reviews on the Yellow Boy 44 and the receiver on it is solid brass!!! The reviews were very positive!!! I chose the Marlin Cowboy 44 Mag myself, little pricy but a fine gun!!!

pabooger I think I read the same review because that's what got me so interested. I had a Marlin 44 before, but the yellowboy seems unique to me. I believe I may have to visit a few shops this weekend anc check prices.

spasmcreek, quote:my question is with brass frame against top end saami reloads versus steel frame ????????
    Doesn't brass have more density than hot rolled or cold rolled steel? My thoughts would be that the brass receiver is superior...

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent