In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wee-doggie! Snow? In southTexas?

daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
We may get 1/4" of the white stuff! Sounds funny to yall, but that's a lot for us this far south. We can make "mini-snowmen". Personally, I hate the stuff,it just melts,gets dirty and makes a mess, unless it's more than 6" and sticks around for a few days.
We got 14" in the winter of 1985-now that was nice!

Comments

• armed_ femalearmed_ female Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    too bad for you, our neck of the woods in texas is supposed to get 1-3 inches ....I will take pictures and post them tomorrow...

[img]file:///C:/My%20Documents/temp/G.437867134_8.gif[/img]

LT. RRG
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    That would be northern Texas. Would that be a Yankee South Texan? .....NO! I quess not. Kerville!?
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2-4 inches snow predicted tonight and in the morning. (We live on the Red River.) I hate the stuff because it messes up the little road to our house. If there is very much on the ground in the morning I will park my truck and trailer at the front gate and ride the 4-wheeler in and out until it melts and dries out. We've had to do this before to save the road.

There's plenty of firewood stacked on the porch and a pantry full of food. Even have the granddaughters here visiting. So, let it snow!

Rafter-S
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    we have bout 2 feet on the ground here. inches don't make squat here.......my old lady thinks it's 4 feet, mostly cause i have her convinced that a dollr bill is 10" long. ( hate to have her feel 'short-changed!) [:D][:D][:D]

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    snow.jpg

West side of Fort Worth we've got 2-3/4 inches as of right now and big flakes still falling. Stacking up with no wind. Our northern neighbors will giggle and tease us, but this is a winter wonderland for our area. [8D]

NO traffic hardly at all, everyone shut in like it's three feet deep!
    Our part of the country comes to a stop with these conditions. [:D]

The five year old pup's never seen it this deep, the nearly two-year old is bewildered. Goats in the barn...on his heating pad.
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    We got a couple inches here.Heaviest in many years.Maybe I should see if that snow shovel works before it's gone.[:D][:D]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    OUTDOORTEXAS you must be my neighbor.

I am a little south west of Ft. Worth and woke up to the same scene!

It's a wet snow and the temp is warm so it may not be here long...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We've got plenty to spare up here in the midwest. Feel free to fill up the bed of your truck anytime you're in the neighborhood.
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All we got was RAIN, RAIN and More RAIN!!!!

When is it gonna' dry out!!!!

Tideman [Rained in in TEXAS]

ps...I REALLY would like to see my place with snow on it. But, I'd probably have to drag QB inside like a little kid after a while.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rafter-S-I may have asked this before, but I haven't killed off my slower running brain cells in awhile.

Where are you on the Red? I'm just north of Lake Fork in Hopkins Co.
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Todays speculation for Alabama[:D]:
    TONIGHT: Rain will cover the areas as the upper level low begins tracking across Central Alabama. To the north and west of the track of the surface low, the air may be cold enough aloft to change the precipitation over to snow. This changeover will mainly affect areas north and west of I-59. Accumulations of 2-4 inches are possible over Northwest Alabama, with one inch as far south as Birmingham and Tuscaloosa. The track of the low is critical. Areas south of it will probably get little or nothing. Areas to the northwest of the track will have the best chance of snow. Travel problems are a very real possibility tonight and into Sunday morning, so you will want to monitor later forecasts and possible winter weather advisories or warnings.[:)]

Woodstock.gif
    "Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now so I can buy more guns and ammo."
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont think I would be able to live somewhere without snow. Everyone thinks Erie's climate is terrible, but I like its, its a good variety, ranging from about -5?F to about 95?F Those are close the the max for each year, of course its been colder, and hotter.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    We just rid of most of our snow, by Wednesday it's supposed to be completely gone. I still have about 2 inches of ICE on my back walk though. (Ohio)

I remember a year out in Gunnison, CO when they had 7 foot of snow, woowee..

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent