In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What a Pig!

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
1,980-Pound Pig May Have Been Biggest
Mon Feb 23, 7:51 AM ET Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

BEIJING - Chinese officials figure a 1,980-pound pig that died from lack of exercise has a shot at being named the biggest pig ever. And they plan to apply for a listing in the Guinness Book of Records, the government's news agency said Monday.

The pig, which was 8 feet 3 inches long, is already the heaviest ever reported in China, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

The beast had a girth of 7 feet, 3 inches and its tusks were 5 3/4 inches long when it died Feb. 5, the agency said. It cited the pig's keeper, Xu Changjin, a farmer in the northeastern province of Liaoning.

The pig lived to be 5 years old - considered long in China, where most pigs are slaughtered by age 3 - and was kept in a "nicely built sty," the report said.

But, "it had grown too big to move around," said Liu Mingyu, a professor at Liaoning University, who said it died from lack of exercise.

China's previous heaviest pig weighed in at 1,540 pounds, Liu said, in Xinhua's report.

Seriously, that is one big pig![:0]

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin

Comments

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I have seen them as big as 1,100 lb. I thought that was big[:0]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    thats alot of bacon

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Did some one say BACON[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]?
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why hadn't I thought of this before.

Grab some DNA from this pig, and make clones (remember Dolly the sheep). Make lots of clones, 1000's of wild clones. Give them to our fine servicemen over in Afghanistan to let them loose.

Problem solved, the Afghani cant kill the pig, but the pig can do whatever it wants.

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to overrun a country with pork, then the best thing to do is get some of the piney woods rooters and turn some loose over there. THey will root that whole dam country up within a few years.

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish there was a picture of that hog.The biggest I have ever seen is probably about 500 pounds and that joker was big.I cant imagine a 1900 pound pig.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I've only got one thing to say, that's "SOME PIG".

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a LOT of pork.
    Probably had to use a crane to move it.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a picture of the Porker.
    capt.sge.mqe49.230204114157.photo00.default-266x384.jpg

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    hmmm I love bacon

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    hmmm I love bacon

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent