In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fair is Fair ,Right!

PointerPointer Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Ok,im about to snap.I have had a string of bad luck on auctions lately.Three of the last six auctions have sent me the wrong item,wrong size,color,whatever.Now i have to send these back to the sellers,its there fault not mine so they should refund my return shipping,right.Now what if when i bought the item he charged ,say $8.00 shipping and handeling and then sent it in a envelope for $4.00,making $4.00 profit,"No complaint,i agreed to it" Shouldnt i recieve a extra $4.00 for MY time,My handeling? When i send it back to him,which is only going to cost me $4.00?[:(!][:(!][:(!]

Ohio Constitution,Artical 1,Section 4

Comments

• pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i hate those people who state that shipping will be"x" amount and when you get it the shipping is totally different to their advantage, if they want that f`ing amount then sell it for that amount!! and yes you should get that 4 bucks.[:(!]

WELL AREN`T I JUST ONE BIG F`ING RAY OF SUNSHINE.
  • Annie-OAnnie-O Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree that you should get it back, But most will not give you shipping back at all, even if it is their own fault. You will just have to fight it out with him for the handling. GOOD LUCK[;)]

cg1.gif
  • rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's their fault they should eat the shipping both ways.
  • wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    You got bad luck. You can't complain about shipping though. (you could, but it won't do any good) Most sellers that don't charge "actual shipping", take the cost of the farthest, and flat charge that, for everyone. It's actualy easier than "actual". When I was selling on the "other " site, I would look at shipping to Seattle Washington, and that's what everyone would pay. You should leave appropriate feedback though about sending the wrong item. I had a couple of sellers send me the correct item when they made mistakes, and told me to keep the wrong one as a way of compensating me for their mistake. (small items) You are right though, "Bad Luck" [8D]

Steve

ag00612_.gifsun_setting.gif
    Fight Crime, Shoot First
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Bad luck yes. If you deal with special sellers they will eat the freight themselves. The special sellers keep their buyers coming back, not all sellers put forth as much effort.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent