In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I made a mistake....lets start over

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I made a mistake in the way I worded my message the first time I posted this, so this time I'm cutting to the chase.
This is one way I and I'm sure other members help to fight the never ending battle for firearms.
#1 Marathon USA is a long distance telephone provider that publically supports Pro-gun
#2 A percentage of your bill is donated to the organization of your choice. such as NRA, Ted Nugent's Kamp for kids, etc...they have a lot to choose from.
#3 They actually are the cheapiest long distance service I have used.

This doesn't benifit me in anyway, unless you tell them I refered you when you sign up [:)] Check it out I think those of you who do not already have their services will like them if you try.

http://www.musa.com/home.asp

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suspension ;

This is what we do.
    We write to or Congressman and Senators.
    I doubt that there are anymore then One out of Ten of us who don't know and use these websites to keep abreast of the issues and inform our Representitives what we want done.

http://www.gunowners.org/

http://www.nra.org/

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had Marathon at home and business for about 4 years. Right after I found out AT&T gave money to Handgun Control once.

Cheaper rates too!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    You took my message wrong or I did not explain good enough. I simply meant I see more about doing things than actually doing them. I know everyone on here does things to help but it isn't always brought out as much.
    I write congress and my senators regularly. I was simply offering an additional way to help, one I knew of.
    Now you have hurt my feelings. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    p3skyking that's what I'm talking about. I think others would really like it and save money to.
    Bet a lot of people weren't aware of AT&T. I heard the same thing about Miller beer, but call their 800# and they say they don't.

• idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suspension--I don't know how long you've been reading the forums. However, there is ALSO an almost quarterly post by someone who just starts going on and on about Gunbroker folks being all talk and no walk. It gets old being told that we don't do anything. Some of us give monthly and some of us write our elected representatives as well.
    edited November -1
    Never mind I do not want this topic to go the entirely wrong direction which it is doing now. Disregard my entire message.

• RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:BUT I rarely see what people are doing about it and that's sad to me.
    I apologize if I took this wrong.
    Sometimes it's hard to tell how someone means something when you don't hear their voice or see their face.

I got your E-mail. Thanks.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Everything runs on money. It is ALWAYS a good idea to tell people who may not know (like me inthis case) how simply changing long distance carriers I can funnel at least a little money to causes I care about.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    I've had Marathon at home and business for about 4 years. Right after I found out AT&T gave money to Handgun Control once.
    Cheaper rates too!

I agree tr fox, I am so happy I changed my services a couple years ago. On every statement I can see how much they contributed on my behalf and also know that I am not paying my bill to some anti-gun company. As you can see above I'm not the only member that agrees.
    Hope you try it and it works out for ya.