In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I Just don't understand some people--

PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I'm loosing my faith in mankind. Somebody in Va. just won 200+ million dollars and I just came back from the WTB page and I expected to see a whole page at least of WTB listings from there- I'm dis-allusioned to say the least. Why would anybody want 200 million and not buy guns?

Comments

• 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I ever win the lottery there will be some happy GB sellers around. [:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first thing I would buy would be a set of Colt SAA's with consecutive serial numbers and ivory grips, then one of those Barret .50BMG rifles. Then a new house and truck and bass boat.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    I'd rather hit the gun shops alot more fun when you can hold'em[:D]
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    If I won, April would be an economic boom for the Wannamacher dealers

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, if'n it had been me, my first purchases would be hunting / fishing lodges in Labrador and Alaska, and only then stock them with firearms! Oh, and a beachfront cabana in Rio for the winter . . . marvelous views of . . . the water? Naturally, I'd send the Lear around to collect my GB buddies for some R&R every season . . . . Except for pa - those shorts would scare every moose out of the woods and every senhorita off the beach! [}:)] Maybe I could even spring for a new wardrobe for ya, pa. [;)]

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd buy me a new S&W .40. Hell, I'd buy two S&W .40s......[}:)][}:)]
  • bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iconoclast just think of the cartridge collection you could have with that kind of $$$$$[:p]

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    I would buy Montana, put a big fence around it, throw the Californians and enviromentalists out, hire some real game managers (ranchers and farmers) to increase the game numbers, and invite all the GB members to come and hunt at my expense.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'd throw a huge party after I bought the very best Yellow Boy I could find in the world. I'd invite eevryone from GB to the party, you all get here and I'd foot the bill for the weekend.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent