In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

largest ones that got away and ones that didn't?

alaskanmanalaskanman Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
what were the largest fish/animal that you got and what were the largest fish/animal that got away? be honest now.

www.alaskancampfire.com

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dunno what the largest fish was (I didn't get a chance to weigh it [;)]) but my guess is 8# bass and probably a 40+ pound flathead. I had a hangfire on a muzzleloader the very first season I hunted with it and missed the biggest deer I've ever seen (and this was in Sept. where their necks aren't swollen yet).

I don't know what my largest fish is that I caught, I bought a scale just a few years ago. Here's a link to some of those that I've caught that I actually have pictures for. I'm going to be editing that page and adding a couple pictures soon.
    The largest deer is pictured on the hunting page.

Fishing: http://bambihunter.myftp.org/fishing.htm
    Hunting: http://bambihunter.myftp.org/hunting.htm
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • springer1springer1 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a repo of my 28" 7 lb 10 oz brown trout ,caught in a stream you could junp across if chased
    whitetail was a 10pt 150 class

ones I have not gotten, fish too many,muskey around 48-50 inch,walleye 30 inch + 11-12 pounds just guessing but I had this brushpile buck almost run over me about 10 years ago
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I had caught a redfish down in the channel around Aransas Pass Tx. The red jumped out of the water and I suppose it to be about 10 pounds. The second time the red jumped, a shark grabbed it and ran off with it. It was a tiger shark about 5 ft long,its weight unknown, but maybe 50-65 lbs. I was using 20lb line, kept tightening the drag but the shark just peeled off my line and I could do nothing but stand there and watch it run off. Strange, but a couple of hours later I hooked a stingray with a wing tip of 37"- too big to keep and eat. Was a great day of fishing!
    I have hooked several sharks from shore and once in a blue moon I hook one that is just too big to reel in.You can tell if it's a shark if it paces side to side slowly when hooked and gives a steady pull.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I landed a 56 # catfish. Largest one to get away was : If every space on the computer was a foot .. it was this big: Something is fishy..
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Largest shovel head I ever caught was 54# + ounces, largest one lost looked comparable to that 54#'er, but never got him in boat to verify for sure...

Largest whitetail taken 9 point that green scored 166-3/4, largest that got away was a beautiful 16 point with equal drop tines on both sides. He knew something was wrong and stayed out at least 50 yards circling my stand. Talk about anticipation...

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent