In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

user names

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I notice on a lot off actions that bidders have unusual user names. Letter***Letter, or something like that. Is that common? I tend not to bid to much if I see a NR bidder as well, just feel a little uneasy. Been to too many live actions. What are some other opinions out there?

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    "Editing Your Profile
    You may easily change any information stored in your registration profile by using the "profile" link located near the top of each page. Simply identify yourself by typing your Username and Password and all of your profile information will appear on screen. You may edit any information (except your Username)."

So the only way to change your user name is to setup another profile??
    What about spell check? Is there anyway to spell check your messages besides pasting to another document and running spell check that way?

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Yes the only way to change your username is to re-register.

No we don't have a spell check aboard that I am aware of.

f9ef9b6e.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    who needs spell check its over rated

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    spel chck? we dnt kneed kno stikying spel chez

" Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession.
    I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first".
    (Ronald Reagan)
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

So the only way to change your user name is to setup another profile??
    What about spell check? Is there anyway to spell check your messages besides pasting to another document and running spell check that way?

Yes

&

No

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes I use Websters, but most of the time, what you see is whut yu *.[:p]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
    edited November -1
    That's good with me then. Thanks all!

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I'm feeling particularly brain-dead I'll type up my message in MS Word or similar word processor then drop it into this post box when it's done. Most of the time I just type and put up with a few mistakes...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats a few misspelled words between fiends.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's usually someone around here that will check it for you. [:)]

fc6cb6ef.gif
    edited November -1
    jwharding, that is exactly why I asked. Sometimes I start typing and go with it. From the replies to the topic it doesn't matter.