In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Survey for cargo trailer owners

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
How many of you would like to have air ride axles on your trailers?

What price range would you be willing to pay for two, bolt on, air ride axles plus a air supply kit that operates off of 12 volts DC, $1500 or $2500 range.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    30 yrs ago for a light duty 2500# tag axle assy with bags was $237, no compressor or tubing in quanties of 50ea from Reddy Axle of AppleValley CA
    Nuway's/Rockwell/Eaton HD 60,000# trailer axle's with bags,minus wheels & tires were around $1,800 for bare assy.
    Nuway/Reyco/Hendrickson/Rockwell 60,000 # drive axles with air and ABS were in the $3,200 per copy area
    walte
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info IAMACLONE_2. I'll have to look into those 2500# units, man that is cheap. Were they an actual air ride?
    I'm doing research into smaller tandem axle cargo trailers, something that could be used to haul motorcycles, atvs, work supplies, ect... Right now I mainly see 40 +foot car haulers or 24 +foot horse trailers offering air ride. Seems to me cargo trailers could jump in there somewhere if the price was right.
    thanks again