In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CVA.......problems?

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I picked up a 50 cal CVA a couple years ago just to use if the weather was really bad or if I hunted in areas that I'd rather not drag my T/C through.. Well heres mt question. The bolts that attach through the stock and hold the barrel tight to the stock keep coming loose. I hate to lock tite them, but tightening them doesn't work. Has anyone else ran into this before?

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a locktite out that does not require heat to release it. I've used this on screws that just don't want to stay tight.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Wrapping one turn of teflon tape around the threads works sometimes too.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blue Lock-Tite in the red tube.

[^][^][^][^][^][^][^]

standard.jpg

It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're talking about the wedges in the primitive style rifle, I found that if I put a screwdriver blade to the wedge and hit it with a hammer to score it, it fit tighter and didn't come out. That also works to hold loose sights in the dovetail slots.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a bigger hammer.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, I'm sure one of them will resolve my problem.

Bigger hammer???? It's a cheap gun but come on now..lol

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent