In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sick!!!!!!Help

ruger 10 22ruger 10 22 Member Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I am sick and am wondering if any of you have "Home Remedies" that may help. I am tired all of the time no matter how long I sleep. And my muscles are sore. Bu the worst part is my throaght it is so sore when I swallow I don't want to eat. It feels like strep throaght which I have had twice before but I do not think that is it. I have taken tylenol, advil, chlorseptic spray, throaght lasenges, and even gargled salt water which helped but only for about ten minutes. Do any of you know what could help me????? I feel horrible.[:(][:(][:(][:(]

"The militia may be here destroyed by that method which has been practiced in other parts of the world before; that is, by rendering them useless - by disarming them."Temperance.gif

Comments

• Options
    crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a remedy that works every time I try it.......go to the doctor! The stuff that is going around these days is nothing to fool around with! If you have insurance, go to the ER and in most instances, the insurance will pay 100%. At least mine does if it's an ER visit. Just don't mess around anymore and seek help........
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Go see the dr.

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know but the doctors office is closed.

"The militia may be here destroyed by that method which has been practiced in other parts of the world before; that is, by rendering them useless - by disarming them."Temperance.gif
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of water. I missed darn near all week of work this week due to a heavy case of the flu, only thing I could keep down was water and crackers. Finally starting to feel better, atleast today I can stand up for more than 5 minutes without wanting to fall over.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am trying to drink a lot of water but it is hard because of the pain when I swallow.

• Options
    edited November -1
    If the drs office is closed then go to a walk in clinic, or to the emerg....
    If what you have is strep throat, and not treated it can lead to complications...very serious complications..

Just because the office is closed, is not a reason to not see the dr....
    GO!!!!!!!!

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    No home remedy is going to help strep it's nothing to fool around with.

Go to the ER where you can get antibiotics !!!!!!!

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers

happy_fc.gif
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like mononucleosis. You been doing nasty with the neighbor girl?
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    I'm not trying to play doctor, but is there a chance you've got Lyme Disease? If so... Antibiotics Now!

Nord
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are MANY illness with very similiar symptoms...The only way to find out for sure is to SEE THE DR AND HAVE THE TESTS DONE....
    It does no good for anyone to sit here and play dr and give advice, although well meaning in its intent, it could have serious consquences...so get to the dr...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    water lots of it,zinc,echinesea,coldezze cough drops.and maybe you should go to the dr.

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Homeopathy is a wonderful thing, but you should never use it as a substitute for antibiotics. GO TO A DOCTOR...!

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    Homeopathy is a wonderful thing...

Hilarious. May I use this?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I went to the doctor and got a perscription.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was going to go to the doctor the whole time I just did not know when I could get in and wanted to find something that would make me feel a little better until I could get to the doctors.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was going to go to the doctor the whole time I just did not know when I could get in and wanted to find something that would make me feel a little better until I could get to the doctors.

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I haven't been to a doctor for over 4 years. I take Vitamin C & E daily, when I do happen to get the sniffles I take Echinese (sp?) or gargle with salt water if my throats sore.

A nip helps things out to [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent