In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wife says no more gunsafes

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,465 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Do to nomore room to put them I wonder if I can talk her into this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RezpyEMNsEg&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hell yeah!!! not sure my floor joist would like it though

me, my wife and my dogs piled on 1300 lbs concentrated on a 6' X 6' area....
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    I use locks like that at work. That safe looks like a looser. First thing a crook does is flip the bed. Everybody puts stuff under the bed...

Take a drill to that exact lock and it is very easy to get the bolt to come back in.

Sleeping on metal is a bad idea.

What you need savage is a real bunker or a vault!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490
    I use locks like that at work. That safe looks like a looser. First thing a crook does is flip the bed. Everybody puts stuff under the bed...

Take a drill to that exact lock and it is very easy to get the bolt to come back in.

The city dictators here say I can't add onto the house anymore as it will cover more then 50% of the lot. I was going to add a 10x10 gunroom on util zoning shot it down. Maybe the next dictator[mayor] will be more forgiving.It also doesn't count that i own the lot next to me and it's vacant I can't count that into my total percentage
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Hang on tight, honey...somebody's down stairs I have to get my gun!"
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170

The city dictators here say I can't add onto the house anymore as it will cover more then 50% of the lot. I was going to add a 10x10 gunroom on util zoning shot it down. Maybe the next dictator[mayor] will be more forgiving.It also doesn't count that i own the lot next to me and it's vacant I can't count that into my total percentage

It should if you merge the deeds into one piece of property.
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1

Have your lots resurveyed as one then I don't think zoning could bother you.

Oops, didn't read Scrumpy's.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scrumpyjack

It should if you merge the deeds into one piece of property.

They're worried I will split it and sell it in the future it is merged as one I can put any free standing building there that i want as long as it doesn' cover more then 50% of that lot. Or I could add unto the house to go into that lot and get a permit but the way the house sits it is not practical for me to add on thast side of the house
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    It's a novel idea, but one of the first things a burglar will do is flip mattresses. Lots of people keep firearms, jewelry, and money under their mattresses.

The same company makes floor and wall safes that can be totally concealed, and that makes more sense to me.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

If you had your property surveyed and had the lot next door added to your Legal Description then maybe you could. If it hasn't already been added that is. Just a thought.

Didn't read down far enough. [:I]
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Is moving an option?
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Do you have a room in the house that 4 feet off of one end would be terribly missed?
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Actually, that's a very good lock. It's an Adams Rite type, which is used on most store fronts around here. The vulnerable spot would be the lock cylinders, depending on what quality they were. A medeco, with anti drill pins would prove a formidible chore to your run of the mill burgler.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    So the next time you need a new one, sell your smallest one and buy really big. Or convert a closet, etc.

Can you build up or down?
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    You're going about it all wrong. First you don't ask, you just do it. Then when she comes home from work you meet her at the front door like an excited puppy and say: Honey, you're going to be so happy and proud of me. I could hardly wait for you to come hom to see what I did for you - I almost called you at work but I decided to suprise you instead. I know you don't like that my guns take up some of our closet space. I fixed that for you, I got another gun safe to make some more room for your ever-expanding Imedla Marcos shoe collection.
    Viola!
  • Options
    shortphatokieshortphatokie Member Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How's the wife gonna re-arrange the furniture every 3 months with that thing?!?!?[;)]

It is pretty slick looking though.[:D]
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    The cat's out of the bag now.
    Want guns? don't forget to look
    under the mattress