In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10/22

CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
So while browsing gun sites a couple weeks ago I came across Tactical Innovations CH22
CH22. This is a redesigned 10/22 receiver that uses a top charging handle and re-shaped ejection port. I though about it for a day and decided that I needed one of these and go one ordered. I finally had a chance to get it picked up.

ch22-6-500.jpg

This receiver is machined very well and has a great finish on it. It comes with a rubber buffer and recoil spring made to fit this receiver since it does not use a standard charging handle. While I was at the shop I decided that I needed a new barrel too and picked up a Tactical Solutions
threaded barrel for it.

I am not sure what kind of stock I want for it so I took one of the spare stocks that I have and made it fit the .920 profile barrel for now. I robbed parts out of one of my other 10/22 so I could make it shootable today. While I was at it I threw a cheep dot sight I had laying around on it. I am not sure what I had it on last but some how it ended up being dead on so cant complain about that. With the light receiver and sleeved aluminum barrel this gun is very light and handy.

Here is it normal,

DSC_0026-1.jpg

Here is in ssshhhh mode,

DSC_0021.jpg

Shooting with the silencer on this one seems a bit quieter then my other 10/22's that I have threaded. I know the rubber buffer does make a difference and I have them in my others. I think part of it comes from the fact the barrel is sleeved aluminum so the is not as much steel on steel noise.

I think I am going to add a BSA Sweet 22 scope to this, I have one on my 77/22 and have been very happy with it.

I am still debating about what kind of stock and trigger to put in it. I have been debating between using a stock trigger group and adding parts to it or getting a complete Volquartsen trigger group in it. As for stocks I have no clue right now. I have been looking at a Tapco stock. I have one now and like it but the new .920 stocks look kinda funny.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Have one that I went thru everything but replacing the trigger. What would be a good one to replace it with.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The last time I was in Wal-Mart, I strolled past the guns and seen a "differant" 10/22. It had a deluxe style walnut stock, a 22" stainless barrel, and a $199.99 price tag. Has anyone else seen thisone? I kind of liked it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had a 10/22 a several years ago
    that was simply amazing. Had a
    decent scope and mount on it,
    but otherwise factory specs-
    down to the wood stock and 38
    pound trigger. But that thing was an oddity- it would shoot almost
    anything excellent. But with
    federal Gold Medal Ultra Match it would put 10
    shots in a 1/2 inch circle at 50
    yards. It was amazing how well
    that perticular rifle shot, havnt had one come close since. But
    after so many rounds the barrel
    has been completely shot out-
    wont keep a 2 inch group at 50
    yards.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Seems as though I've seen this before.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by midnightrunpaintballer
    clean it

Yeah, get the lead out![}:)] My 200th year 10/22 started scattering holes like a shotgun. After cleaning the lead fouling out,it came back as good as new. There are several cleaning systems that will do the job.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    clean it

Agreed! You should be able to get 100,000, or more, shots from a .22.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    another rong style post. my neck and eyes are tired from going back and forth so much...
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,065 ******
    edited November -1
    clean it
    +1
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1