In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Armored car droped bag of cash and drove away

WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
would you keep it, return it, donate it to chrities

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I'd return it. Chances are the bank would give you a reward anyways... but just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't return it all.[;)]
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    I guy in Philadelphia, at 52nd and Chestnut, was filling the cash machine.
    He left a paper bag with $52K on top of the machine by mistake.
    I was bicycling by a few days later, same time, and had my customary juice in front. Wonder if i noticed the bag, would I have dismissed it as trash or picked it up?

It was turned in.
    The machine was redesigned to eliminate the ledge the man used as a shelf.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't honestly say for sure. I'd like to say I'd return it, but I've had so many hard times financially that I might just keep it if it happened at just the right time. [V]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Return it.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    If i could get away with it? Farking A i would!

But unfortunately the serial nos are most of the time recorded.

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I would own that 28 ga. Parker double i been dreaming of.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finders keepers!
    I would hide it and discreetly start spending a couple hundred dollars in cash a week.
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Mrs. Blue would make me turn it in[:(] She tends to be my angel.....[:D]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most times the insurance co. that insures the armored car co. will offer a 10% reward for its return.

If it a million dollars theres a pretty good return for its return.[:p]

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This happened in Illinois up by chicago a couple of years ago a brinks truck lost a bag of 20's while going down the express way I guess the bag broke open and money went everywhere all but 4000 was recovered on the spot the rest I guess floated away.[:D]

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Random Serial #s - Keep it

Consecutive Serial #s - Return it.

The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't believe the number of times something like this occurs. Almost makes you want to spend your time following armored cars around.
    The question would seem to require a need to know how much is involved & can anyone see you pick it up & as noted how easy it would be to pass the money? The greater the value & the lower the risk may change the answer for many people.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I'd return it in a heartbeat, maybe two.

Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Finders keepers!

Actually, in most states, finding money (or other things of value) will be treated as "theft" under the law unless you take specific actions--usually turning the money/items over to law enforcement and advertising your find--to try to find the rightful owner.

If you kept it and were caught you would be facing criminal charges.

Of course with the current drug seizure laws, if you did find cash and attempted to "do the right thing" and follow the procedures to find the rightful owners--and nobody came forward to claim the money (demonstrating that it was theirs), you'd probably never get it for yourself since the local law enforcement agencies would simply claim that they "suspect" the money was from a drug transaction and seize it.
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Competent is right, unless due diligence is taken to determine the rightful owner of lost property (only really followed when said property is of obvious great value) you have commited theft by ommision. You failed to attempt to return something knowingly. If your friend leaves a diamond ring by your sink when she washes her hand and you just don't tell her, theft right? [:(!]Finders Keepers just doesn't hold up in court.[B)]

Thats why I'd bury it and launder it over several years.[}:)]Sorry, I want to take the high road,but its hard, soooo hard.[V]

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a movie that is a true story, about a guy who wasdriving down delaware avenue inPhiladelphia, and saw two boxes on the side of theoroad-thinking they would make nice toolchests,he pulled over to pick them up. There was six million dollars. He planned on keeping it, but couldnt get passed the weekend. Told too many people, went around to all the local bars buying rounds for the entire bar. Cops came around and asked if anyone had been flashing money. "YEAH JOEY CAME IN AND BOUGHT THE WHOLE JOINT A ROUND"
    What a mook.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 858
    edited November -1
    If I knew specifically which armored car company dropped the cash, I'd return it. If I wasn't sure who lost it, it's mine. If I know who it belongs to, they get it back. If I don't know who it belongs to, it now belongs to me.