In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dean / Gore. What happened?

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I can't believe it. With Gore's support I thought Dean was a shoe-in in Gore's home state of TN. Wait a minute, Gore couldn't even carry his own home state in '00. I'm glad I don't bet on this stuff!

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Gore couldn't even carry his own home state in '00.

Ya hit the nail square on the head! Us good folks in TN had our fill of Al Gore, Jr and before him Al Gore, Sr. Both of them crooks to the Nth degree! I really thought that Edwards would carry the day here. Hard to beleive Kerry won with the vote total he did. Oh well. We got to November to get it right.
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Big Al is finished in Tennessee. It took a while but the people finally realized that he was not all he claimed to be. I'm from TN and have talked to his office on two occassions on the subject of gun control and you got the same old tired statement from them and from him in his letters-no matter what gun you mentioned it was always the preferrred weapon of criminals and he supported the rights of law abiding citizens(wherever they were?). His support is the kiss of death here in East Tennessee but he still has some support in Nashville and Memphis. "You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time". I don't know who came up with that saying but it sure fits the situation.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have ya noticed Gore got his Tenn. accent back?
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I THINK THE QUOTE BELONGS TO 'ABE LINCOLN" NOT SURE BUT DOES FIT THE DEMOS. GORE , CLINTON. KERRY.ETC.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 858
    edited November -1
    What happened? Howard Dean started out as a hard core liberal from the Northeast states area. As his campaign rolled on, and his support grew, he made the classic mistake of wanting to be all things to all people. He wanted to be pro-gun, yet also support the AWB. He wanted to appeal to the diehard liberals, and yet also appeal to the good old boys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks. He wanted to repeal the Bush tax cuts, and thus raise the income tax rates on everybody in the country who works. He showed indifference to Saddam Hussein's capture, and said that Osama Bin Laden should be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Once people started listening to everything Dean said, his support plummeted.

Howard Dean is the liberal Democrat version of John McCain from four years ago. And, like McCain, he too will go down in flames.