In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lexmark Z55 printer

crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Do any of you happen to own a Lexmark Z55 printer? If you do how please are you with it? I had a gateway computer with a hewlett packard printer before and I could print excellent pictures taken with my digital camera. I now own a Dell with a lexmark printer and can not get a good looking picture out of it for nothing. Tried everything and no luck. Any suggestions?

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I have a Z705 which does fine. Used to have a gateway with a epson stylus and they both sucked.
    My sister commented about her Lexmark printer not being any good and I believe she said it was a 55.

I just got an emachine and it's alright but I like my dell at work much better.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you adjusted it to the highest settings to see if that makes it up to your requirements?
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have tried everything with the settings and it does not seem to help!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a lexmark Z35 and it sucked. I hardly ever used it and after a year and less than one pack of paper it quit working. JUNK!!! Now I am looking for an excellent quality multipupose printer (copy, scan, photoprint). Maybe a HP 2140?

Mad Dog
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,302 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Lexmark z705 photoprinter and so far well pleased. I can scan a picture and the print will be better than the original. The only problem I see is the cost of the ink cartridges. I bought a refill kit from ebay seller and so far it works good, but I have noticed the refill ink doesn't last as long and the prints are a little wet, but good.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I've got the Lexmark X75; no big problems, although it sure does like to go thru some ink cartridges[:(].

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one, came with my computer. I considered it a "throw away" printer. When it ran out of the free ink that came with it, in the trash it went and in came a HP PSC 2110 all-in-one. It does all I need and it does it with great quality!
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one after about a month it broke then I got an HP1220c