In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Comp Virus is Attacking Me!

SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just started getting flooded with emails about 15 minutes ago here at work. Tons of emails with odd subject lines and attachments. Looks similar to, but different than the last wave. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone to be careful what you open today. IT Dept is saying it looks like a new virus.

To whom much is given, much is expected.

Comments

• interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Yep already got one today. Had 3 last week. Always the same, unusual statement with an attachment. Be careful out there!!

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I shouldn't speak too soon but I haven't got the bug yet. I don't open anything I'm not expecting and delete it promptly. I quess that spyware works well as I don't get but 1/10 the e-mail.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DO A SEARCH ON THE WEB FOR WORM_NETSKY.B that one is pretty recent and I think it may be the one you are experiencing right now. I have had probs with it the past week or so. I downloaded a removal tool from symantec.