In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rip Off Site

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,010 ******
edited March 2005 in General Discussion
I have not examined this site closely. It appears to be a place where consumers can share information about bad businesses.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/default.asp

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

Comments

• Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Even the BBB can be "bought".
    I once tried to get info on my record after one particular litigious PITA was bad-mouthing me. (Never take a job from someone who brags about being involved in several lawsuits against people at the same time).

The BBB was absolutely useless in extracting information.
    Usually, the person selling memberships uses misinformation to "get the foot in the door", at least in my case several times, and all you have to do is cough up $300.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you know this info is accurate. Couldnt somebody go on here and bash a guy/business they dont like ?
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the ones about storage units. I paid 6 months in advance and I went to their office 5 months later to pay for the second six months and they had no record of me having a unit there. I came to find out they had sold all of my belongings in that unit as they thought I was a deadbeat renter.