In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

"Realistic Looking Toy Guns"

mandersonmanderson Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Okay, Monday after Superbowl Sunday...

I'm rubbing my eyes and trying to wake up.......

I think I just heard a blip on the morning news about Maryland state gov't banning "realistic looking toy guns".

Once again...

"Don't you guys have something better to do with my tax dollars!"

Comments

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why though? Are those orange plastic barrel end caps just too lethal to be legal? Just imagine if they had pistol grips on them, they shouldve been banned along time ago. [}:)][V]

bigun2.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Are they going to ban those realistic looking toy politicians too??[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't say I'm for banning anything, but they do look seriously real. I took one off a thief that that was a perfect match for a Walther PP, even down to the company logo on the slide.

I've dealt with two incidents where bad guys armed with these were shot and killed for pointing them at people.
  • mandersonmanderson Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, Txs...maybe your right. Don't need people getting hurt needlessly for something stupid.