In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin Customer Service

SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2004 in General Discussion
I needed a replacement magazine for a Marlin rifle, found one for sale at Wholesale Hunter for $19.99 plus $11.00 shipping so I figured I'd call Marlin direct, they had the same magazine for $16.00 and only charged me $3.50 for shipping. I really hate companies that gouge you on the shipping costs to inflate their profits! Thank you Marlin!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just got off the phone with Marlin customer service. I wanted to order some replacement parts for my 336. They said that it would take 3 weeks before I received them. 3 weeks? That seems like an awfully long time. Is this about average for orders from the customer service dept of a major gun manufacturer?

I decided not to order and just call around to the shops in the area.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Gee! your lucky, just 3 weeks, I ordered a part from Taurus, which is just 300 miles from us, and it will take probably 6 to 8 weeks to get. Sent them a gun once just to have it tested, took em 9 weeks. The last part I ordered, along with a schematic of the gun was 2 weeks ago, I know its the holidays, but they sent the Schematic, no part, called em up and ask where the part was, oh! its on back order. I told em why didnt ya put a note in with the schematic letting me know of the status of the order. Too much trouble, they assumed I would know it was on back order. JEEEEEEEEEEEZ

roses.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several times I have been told two to three weeks and had parts in a week. Gives them a little cushion if they get busy or lazy.

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just went to one of the local shops. Brownells can have it here tomorrow - same price as at Marlin. Now how does that work? Brownells charges the exact same price as the manufacturer and can have it here next day?

Guess who I'm going with.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many companies run down thier inventories at years end. Also keep in mind it's a holliday weekend. Odds are the company will shut down from this afternoon until next monday. That's almost a week in itself. They are just padding the time in case it takes longer than normal, I'm sure.

I have a few Marlin parts around. What do you need?

Woods

It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
  • Options
    old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ONly 3 weeks wow Iv'e never had to order parts from Marlin but I heard they were quick if that works out you are lucky. Once I ordered parts from Remington and it seemed like 3 years it was lousy service.

psalms 16