In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NRA supporting ammo ban

Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
NRA Director Sen. Larry Craig's Ammunition Ban Amendment

by Angel Shamaya
Director@KeepAndBearArms.com

February 26, 2004

KeepAndBearArms.com -- While National Rifle Association officials have been denying that they've been orchestrating a sellout in the U.S. Senate, Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID) -- an NRA Director -- has been working on an ammunition ban. On the Senate floor today, he introduced, discussed, defended and tried to justify the "Craig/Frist" amendment. This amendment, said Craig, is needed "to strengthen current armor piercing ammunition law." NRA's point-man in the U.S. Senate says that this is "what the law enforcement community needs."

"We don't want to wipe out the hunting and sporting ammunition," said Craig. The "sporting purpose" test was used before -- as justification for firearm rights infringements via the 1938 Nazi Weapons Law and later copied nearly verbatim in the U.S. Gun Control Act of 1968.

"Let's send a message that armor piercing ammunition is flat off limits," said Sen. Craig.

The NRA Director went on to support strong enforcement of his proposed ammunition ban, using phrases like "prison for life."

kabalogoshadowed.gif

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    What the hell is wrong with the existing laws on the books? We don't need any more stinking gun laws!!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take everything from "Keep and Bear Arms" with a grain of salt. It's just another "gun rights" organization competing for the dollars that you might be sending to another gun rights organization. Just because they supposedly fight for gun rights doesn't mean they aren't guilty of spin. Money makes the world go round and they want yours just as bad as the NRA does.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What?
    Now it not a question of compromise.
    They are actually INITIATING new laws? [:0]

Going to have to look into this one. (too)

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This article is BS. The amendment is for using AP to kill a cop. It only affects you if you shoot a cop with it. Disregard the Chicken Little.

What men call a hero...is merely a man who is seen doing what a brave man does as a matter of course.
    A man who is in love with learning is a man who is never without a bride, for there is always more. L'Amour
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I would have thought that shooting a cop would get you a 20-life sentence no matter what ammo you used anyway. Ofcourse shooting a civilian should get you a 20-life sentence too.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watched most of the day yesterday and Skyking is right. It has to do with AP rounds used to kill LEO's. NOTHING MORE. So far, the "anti's" amendments have all been shot down. (Pun intended.) We gotta' worry about Tuesday. Pound on your Senators again and again.

Mudge the apprehensive

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I think there are also some differences in the definition of armour piercing. As shooters we interpret "armour piercing" as ammo that is capable of penetrating armoured vehicles while our lawmakers view it as any ammo that will pierce "body armour" BIIIIGGGGG difference.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Hell, if ya can't ban guns, just ban the ammo! Constitution sez we have right to bear arms...sez nothing about the right to bear ammo!!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye