In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cell Phone Guns... this is gonna get ugly!

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
http://www.socalhtcia.net/cell phonegun.asp

http://www.isi-usa.com/cellgun.htm (video)

If you get asked to test your cell phone at the airport, this is the reason. Because cell phone guns have been discovered. The attached video clip shows how cell phone guns operate. These phones are not in the U.S. yet, but they are in use overseas. Beneath the digital phone face is a .22 caliber handgun capable of firing four rounds in rapid succession using the standard telephone keypad.

European law enforcement officials are stunned by the discovery of these deadly decoys. They say phone guns are changing the rules of engagement in Europe. "We find it very alarming," says Wolfgang Dicke of the German Police Union. "It means police will have to draw their weapons whenever a person being checked reaches for their cell phone." Although cell phone guns have not reached the U.S. yet, the FBI, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and the U.S. Customs Service say they have been briefed on the new weapons.

All U.S. ports of entry have been alerted. These covert weapons were first discovered in October of 2000 when Dutch police came upon a cache during a drug raid in Amsterdam. In another recent incident, a Croatian gun dealer was caught attempting to smuggle a shipment through Slovenia into Western Europe. Police say both shipments are believed to have originated in Yugoslavia. Interpol sent a warning to law enforcement agencies around the world. "If you didn't know they were guns, you would think they were cell phones," said Ari Zandbergen, a spokesperson for the Amsterdam police. "Only when you have one in your hand do you realize that they are heavier than a regular cell phone."

Be patient if security asks to look at your cell phone or turn it on to show that it works. They have a good reason!

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    now will that fall into the ccw catagory

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want one!

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Saxon,

Sorry, I've been gone, out of the country for more months over the past 3 years than I've been home. Must of missed it.

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes posted a couple weeks ago as I recall, however what we might want to think about is when they manage to build one that also is a working phone ... see it go beep beep beep, ring ring ring and with the right key sequence ... bang bang bang!

One of my "grunt" buddies that I've kept up w/ since the good old days put in 30, yes I said 30 years, with a big city department. Knocked around for a couple years doing odds-n-ends and peacefully going nuts from lack of activity.

Through another acquaintence when they formed up TSA he was offered a mid-level slot and jumped on it. Anyway, we're together a couple months ago having dinner and catching up on things. He's telling me about all of the progress made in improving security, etc., etc.

We're havin an after dinner drink and I remind him of some of the stuff we used to do with C4 and 5 and mention that if a smart little dweezil used a modular drive enclosure and filled it with "boom plastic" their PC would still work when inspected. That opened his eyes, then I followed up w/ jabs about concealing baby gun or box cutters, or knife. He started stuttering, regained his composure and smiled a smile I haven't seen in many years. I think he's now a man on a new mission.

Point here is that for every thing we think of the other side will come up with a counter.

Jus like 'nam or later "conflicts" you have to have trained, armed people in place to deal with things and yes there may be a casualty or two and sadly that's the price that has to be paid.

Cell Phone Gun ... PC Bomb ... PC weapon(s) carrier or whatever comes next.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • h4ckthish4ckthis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen that video before. Not sure what to make of it.

It may be legit, and I have no doubt a skilled machinist/gunsmith could figure out a way to make it work.

But my take on *anything* I see on the Internet is: consider the source.

fbi.gov would be a (fairly) legitimate source (well, ok, maybe not)...

But anybody who doesn't own their own web server falls into the category of "amature" as far as I'm concerned. (Gunbroker.com folks excluded, of course ;)

About 8 months ago, I took some family memebers on a "tour" of the Pentagon. Before we could enter the building, the MP outside made us turn on our cellphones and prove they were real phones.

It's a paranoid world, ladies and gentlemen....

"That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state..."
    Article 13
    Virginia Bill of Rights
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I prefer the H&K cell gun over the Nokia....

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye