In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FireArms Instructors Wanted

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Not sure if anyone is interested, but it was sent to me and I wanted to pass on for your consideration.
Firearms Instructor(s)
General Information

Document Type: Presolicitation Notice
Solicitation Number: RFP-101940
Posted Date: Feb 18, 2004
Original Response Date: Mar 15, 2004
Current Response Date: Mar 15, 2004
Original Archive Date: Mar 30, 2004
Current Archive Date: Mar 30, 2004
Classification Code: R -- Professional, administrative, and management support services
Set Aside: Total Small Business
Naics Code: 611519 -- Other Technical and Trade Schools

Contracting Office Address
Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Engineering Contracts Unit/PPMS, FBI Engineering Research Facility Building 27958A, Room A-263, Quantico, VA, 22135

Description
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) intends to award an Indefinite-Delivery/Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ), Firm-Fixed price type contract(s) for an estimated 13,000 units of Firearm's Instruction for a base year with four (4) one-year options.

The 13,000 units is based on an estimated 12,000 units of full-time Firearms Instruction and an estimated 1,000 units of part-time Firearms Instruction.

During the base year, the FBI shall order a guaranteed minimum of 500 units of part-time instruction and 1,200 units of full-time instruction per contract. (One unit shall equal approximately one hour of Firearm's Instruction, which includes but is not limited to class preparation, instruction, and clean-up).

The FBI reserves the right to make multiple award contracts.

The Awardee shall furnish the stated minimum, and as ordered, any additional quantities of units, not to exceed a maximum of 9,600 units (full-time position), and a maximum of 9,600 units (part-time position) over the life of the contract.

The Government shall not be required to purchase from the successful offeror(s) any additional quantities after the guaranteed minimum.

Request for Proposal (RFP) Number 101940 has been set-aside 100% for small businesses.

The services are to include, but not limited to the ability in all aspects of firearms training utilizing pistols (S&W, Sig Sauer, and Glock series), shotguns (Remington Model 870), submachine guns (H&K MP5 series), and rifles (Remington 700, Winchester 70, M-16/AR-15 series).

Offerors shall have civilian law enforcement firearms instructional experience or military law enforcement firearms instructional experience.

Offerors must be a citizen of the United States of America.

The above referenced services will be provided at the FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia.

The contractor may be required to provide additional services at other continental United States (CONUS) locations. No public transportation is available to the FBI Academy. The FBI shall not pay any travel expenses during the evaluation process. An on-site visit may be required.

The FBI will provide all instructional equipment and weapons needed to perform these services. The contractor shall be required to purchase and wear a specified uniform. The offeror/contractor shall take a yearly audiometer examination, lead, and zinc protoporphyrin test at their own expense.

The initial period of performance will be for one (1) year from date of contract award, with four (4), one-year options. The tentative solicitation release date is March 15, 2004. Requests for RFP-101940 shall be submitted in writing by facsimile at (703) 632-1844, or by mail to the attention of Mr. Bryan V. Lane, FBI Academy, Building No. 15, Quantico, VA, 22135, no later than 25 calendar days from the date of this notice.

Telephonic requests for RFP-003419A will not be accepted. See Note Number 1.

Original Point of Contact
Bryan Lane, Contracting Officer, Phone 703-632-1843, Fax 703-632-1844, Email blane@fbiacademy.edu
Place of Performance
Address: FBI Academy, U.S. Marine Corp Base, Quantico, Virginia
Postal Code: 22135

If your interested, here is the link which was sent to me: http://www1.eps.gov/spg/DOJ/FBI/PPMS2/RFP-101940/SynopsisP.html

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Could they word that add any more awkwardly?

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it was only a matter of time in all of this govt. outsourcing that they would leave firearms training to the low bidder.

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    sweet i'm gonna apply thanx night stalker

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Note that it doesn't state who you'd be instructing, just that it will take place at Quantico. They run lots of different folks through their range facilities, not just their own agents.

If you take a hard look at the numbers it really doesn't sound like there'll be very many positions available. I'd also like to hear the pay rate before I seriously considered relocating to such a high cost area on a short term contract.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    That was shore sum fun redding...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye