In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Get off my lawn!

helicopter_pilothelicopter_pilot Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Or levee. Or public road.

Boy, 7, dies in apparent tresspass shooting
quote:
c6b1fc08-b9eb-48dc-91c9-563569825ca0.hmedium.jpg

HOUSTON - A 7-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the head by a couple who thought he and three other people were trespassing on their property died Saturday, authorities said.

<snip>

Authorities said the couple fired after they mistakenly thought the group was trespassing on their property.

Bishop said the area includes a dirt road, trees and overgrown brush and that it wasn't uncommon for people to go off-roading there. The Houston Chronicle reported that a sign in front of the suspects' home reads: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivers will be reshot!! Smile I will."

<snip>

DeFoor said the levee belonged to the subdivision and was not private property.

Bishop said there was no indication the unarmed victims did anything threatening toward the Muhs.

Comments

• helicopter_pilothelicopter_pilot Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, I want a couple of these and a truck load of ammo!

http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?id=658
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Sick suckers! They are what cause people to vote for gun control. Even if the kids were tresspassing, why use a gun. Just run them off or call the sheriff!
  • warriorsfanwarriorsfan Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you think his gunbroker username was?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    They are what cause people to vote for gun control.

Exactly.

And the sign doesn't help.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like they have known a lot of hard drugs
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Inbred Texas trash.
    Meth heads probably.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik

Yes,.....that plus most likely chronic alcoholics for the majority of their lives.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    The two of them should be taken out to the farthest reaches of the prison yard and chained to stockades and left to serve out life sentences in the Southern Texas sun. [:(!]

maybe near a fireant colony. [:p]

and let everyone come to view them, both inside and out of the facility.
  • warriorsfanwarriorsfan Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    Sick suckers! They are what cause people to vote for gun control. Even if the kids were tresspassing, why use a gun. Just run them off or call the sheriff!

It's the mindset.

quote:The Houston Chronicle reported that a sign in front of the suspects' home reads: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivers will be reshot!! Smile I will."

There's a difference between willingness to reasonably defend oneself and an EAGERNESS to use lethal force against another human being. Unfortunately, there's a ton of gun owners who are the latter. They almost salivate at the thought of getting to gundown a home invader or a mugger. They carry guns not in the hopes that they will never have to use them in anger, but in the hopes that they will.

You can see it here on gunbroker all the time. Posters romanticizing the idea of taking another human being's life, almost relishing the thought. They treat it like it's a joke, or a sport. I like guns but I hate gun nuts because there's too many "Dirty Harry's" out there who can't wait to "get some."
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Inbred Texas trash.
    Meth heads probably.

Most likely Katrina transplants.[}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by warriorsfan
    What do you think his gunbroker username was?

Sure hope they weren't part of this group of folks. Most folks here are intelligent law abiding citizens.
    edited November -1
    Sheesh,......they are both 45!
    Younger than me.

Must have lived very rough lives I presume.
    Who knows where they are originally from, but it does give us all a "black-eye" per se from the libs.

I am like you Danny,.....chase them off, or call the cops.
    No ones life was in danger from that annoyance.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If there was as much willingness as you seem to think they're is, alot more people would be killed each day. I agree that there is nut jubs everywhere but I disagree when it comes to your point of view. They are not the majority. Have you ever taken martial arts or weapones training. Good instructers will tell you to start by and practice with situational visualization.

I believe that is what a big part of what you see here, visualization. It keeps people alive.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    I have a 7 year old grandaughter .
    I can't imagine the amount of rage I would have if it had been my child .
    My heart and my prayers go out to the family .
    This is the most sensless thing I have heard of in a long time .[:(]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivers will be reshot!! Smile I will."

thats going to hang them twice, one reason i dont do signs and bumper stickers, even a justifiable shooting can get ugly with advertisement like that

hope they both fry
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    These photos are "newsworthy". Enhances the stereotype. The average reader will hear the word "NRA" and remember these photos.

DNA test? Useless.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    kids that young know nothin of property lines or trespass laws. to them it is just the woods..some people are too tightly wound...i doubt i would shoot someone for being on my place unless they were threatening harm. youngsters wonderin about in the woods is normal here...i wonder what he is paranoid of?[V]
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    i wonder what he is paranoid of?[V]

5 bucks says it gets down to a meth lab .[}:)]
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    Why would someone want to run off a child from their land.
    If they were being destructive that would be another matter.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    i wonder what he is paranoid of?[V]

5 bucks says it gets down to a meth lab .[}:)]

I would imagine you just might be correct.
    But then again, some people are just crazy, and mentally unstable.

SOMETHING has caused them to look that way at 45 though.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of area do you think it was with people like that living there??? It couldn't have been nice..... If someone even remotely like that lived near me I would be house hunting.

I saw where it mentions off roading is common there. I wonder if the people who ride in that area have been shot at before???? There may be a past record of complaints on these two.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    These photos are "newsworthy". Enhances the stereotype. The average reader will hear the word "NRA" and remember these photos.

DNA test? Useless.
    Yeah, they do look stupid enough to be the average NRA member.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik

More then likely Meth Cookers.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOSLEEP
    Why would someone want to run off a child from their land.
    If they were being destructive that would be another matter.

When we were kids, all the land owners would let us come and go as we pleased as long as we cleaned up after ourselves. We fished every stock tank in the county!

Those same guys would run an adult off in a heartbeat unless they asked permission.

That's just how it was.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clean the gene pool of these two. [:(!]
  • CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    I would consider it unacceptable to even fire a warning shot if the "trespassers" appear non-threatening.

You have a right to defend yourself, but people should also be given common courtesy until they prove themselves not worthy of it.

Go out there and politely talk to them- say you own the property and don't want anyone on it.

If its habitual... then getting rude and yelling at them might be justified- as would calling the local authorities.

I think if you call the authorities for trespassing on the first offense to someone who would politely leave your property if contacted, is kind of "being a prick"
    Especially a 7 year old kid...

To shoot them in the head...
    I agree with the sentiment previously expressed.
    Send them out of this life in the most painful way you can.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    quote:kids that young know nothin of property lines or trespass laws. to them it is just the woods..some people are too tightly wound...i doubt i would shoot someone for being on my place unless they were threatening harm. youngsters wonderin about in the woods is normal here...i wonder what he is paranoid of?

I would say meth as well. These guys are 45 and look 30 years older. Meth does that in a very short span of time.

Horrible that a child had to die at their hands. I can imagine the grief the family must have right now. I am not sure I could bear it if it were my child.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    would like to see their police record and see what may be hiding there. Pure BS[xx(]
    edited November -1
    around here the conversation would have went like this...

hi boys
    hi mr.
    what you fellas doin?
    ridin our motorbikes or fishin or huntin
    oh, havin fun?
    Yep, is this your ground sir?
    sure is.
    is it ok, we didn't know who owned it.
    yea, you ain't hurtin nothin, hey here is my number , call me next time if you will and ask me ok.?
    sure mr......
    see you fellas ,

course i'm a hillbilly, and was a youngster once too[;)]
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They both shot or were shooting? I'm not sure about the facts of the case, but she must have had some sort of culpibility to be locked up as well.

There is a verse in the bible, Matthew 18 I believe... Better to tie a millstone around ones neck than to harm a child.

Very sad and makes us all look like fools.
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    The way I was raised to guard our property was this.

Tresspass is Tress Pass.

Tre is three. Pass is Passing or walking on.

You have three passes.

1. Notice that it's private.

2. Notice and warning about the third pass.

3. Arrest at gunpoint. Shoot if needed.

99.9 percent of the time they all get it on the second pass.

From hunting as a kid. Always knew to aware of the target, identify it and know what is beyond the target.

These sick fu**s should be hung to death for shooting that kid.
  • M1GarandloverM1Garandlover Member Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like two worthless MethHeads to me.
    edited November -1
    if that meth dope makes folks that way, they need to execute those that use it before they kill someone...dam that lady is 45, and looks 65. i know 70 year old ladies that are prettier than her[:0]
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obviously two very unbalanced people. They are 45? You have to be joking. How much booze and drugs did it take to fry those two? Can you look at their pictures and honestly believe there is one living brain cell between them? I would think the term "take out the trash" would apply to them. But killing a seven year old. Dear Lord, why do you allow such things?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by txlawdog
    They both shot or were shooting? I'm not sure about the facts of the case, but she must have had some sort of culpibility to be locked up as well.

From the link in the original post:

quote:Liberty County Chief Deputy Ken DeFoor said Sheila Muhs fired a 12-gauge shotgun once, then handed it to her husband, who also fired once.
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, very sad. We are going to have to pay to keep those morons in prison for a while, wish they could just hang them!

They will probably get great medical care for their methed out bodies!
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    If meth isn't involved, I'll eat my hat.

What the hell is up with the dude's right cheekbone?
    edited November -1
    Looks like a boil. Maybe an ingrown whisker.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, put the pipe down and crawl back into whatever hole in the earth you came from. I'm ashamed that these people not only live in Texas but might have even breed.