In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Consider This Before YOUR Next Purchase

cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Quality

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.

John Ruskin

Another favorite quality quote comes from my vintage Keen Kutter price tags. "The recollection of quality remains long after the price is forgotten"

Comments

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "That which is cheapest is seldom the least costly". Words from an old Scottish friend. At times he was a miser, but he was a wise miser.

Woods

Hamlin.gif
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,867 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    cletus85....X-ring!! And on the flip side, just because it costs a lot doesn't mean it's any good. Junk is junk and it comes in all price ranges.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't good.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But isn't "cheaper" why the "powers to be" keep shipping jobs out of the country? That way we can take stuff made by American workers, some of which may be a little disgruntled and no longer caring about quality ... just survival, and turn that work over to someone that may not even have a clue as to what the thing they are building actually does!

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cletus85
    Quality

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.

John Ruskin

Another favorite quality quote comes from my vintage Keen Kutter price tags. "The recollection of quality remains long after the price is forgotten"

Amen brother! Amen![^]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • madmarc0madmarc0 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An old Portuguese man summed it up very simply:

You buy cheap, You buy twice.

Truer words were never spoken!

I measured it and cut it twice, and it's still too short!
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "There's one born every minute."

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    A good deal is a state of mind.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye