In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Garage Layout???

mjgcarpentermjgcarpenter Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My house is almost finished and I must finish putting the drywall up and insulate. I want to plan out where to put more receptacles and what type of lights to use. My garage is 26' by 28' with a 10 1/2' ceiling. I'm think of putting in a loft in the front section but not sure if I should just buy or make shelves. I would like to make maximium use of my space. Anybody love their garage layout??..Or have something that they would change?....I hate doing things twice..Stupid hindsight..

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Loft above half with work area underneath. The work area has a full wall length bench and peg board behind it. Under the bench is storage shelves with doors. On both ends there is four shelves and the entire way across underneath the loft is fishing rod storage.

it works for me,,,sorry but I gotta run...new puppy just pi__ed on the floor.....

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    If your anything like me,tear it down and make it at least twice as big,THEN,however many wall plugs,lights,switches etc.you were planning on,TRIPLE IT!!

I never have too much.[:D][:D]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Instant KarmaInstant Karma Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think mine is like alot of us with a $20,000 vehicle in the drive and about $400 worth of assorted junk in the garage.[:o)]

"Instant karma gonna get you,gonna knock you right in the head,better get yourself together,pretty soon you're gonna be dead" John Lennon
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    As for the lights, put in some 4' florescent shop lights to give you good light all over and also 4-6 incandescent bulbs near you tools, doors and between vehicles. This way if you need to go in and just grab a tool or get in/out of the vehicles you don't have to wait for the fluorescent's to warm-up in the winter. The incandescent lights put on a 3-way or 4-way switch so you can turn them on/off from near the car doors and man doors.

The receptacles spaced every 12' on the side and end walls. Plus every 6' behind your workbench and near the doors so you can use them outside. GFCI's would be a good idea also. You can wire them so multiple standard outlets are covered by a single GFCI.

That size garage 3-4 circuits for the receptacles and one for the incandescent bulbs and 2 for the florescent. Also, run one or two 220V plugs for a welder or air compressor.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    A drain in the middle of the floor with a good gray highwear floor paint. Lot's of light and outlets. A sink. A great sound system. AC and heat. A TV. Refrigerator.

Woops! Sounds more like a living room...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye