In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

It pisses me off...

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
...when people who I consider to be friends start questioning my memory on specific events, ESPECIALLY when they weren't involved in the events in question.

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure [?]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    When I was young, they questioned my sobriety![:D]
  • catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Better to be pissed off then pissed on.
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Is it your bro or a chick?
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's one of my co-workers. THIS is exactly why I don't befriend and/or socialize with coworkers outside of work.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    ...when people who I consider to be friends start questioning my memory on specific events, ESPECIALLY when they weren't involved in the events in question.

Yeah, that and anthrax really chap my *!
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    If it not a your bro or a chick then don't worry about it. They will just have to get over it.

It's one of my co-workers. THIS is exactly why I don't befriend and/or socialize with coworkers outside of work.

This is exactly why you don't work with friends and family and never date someone from work.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Their called witnesses....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:12.** If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.*
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pi** is a vulgar word that somehow got accepted into society because no one had the guts to scold or correct.

any good friend or fellow american and accountable husband from the old school should be first to correct such talk in hopes of keeping others from drawing false conclusions that we ALL are vulgar.

i for one dont like it. so i'll be first to say something with no fear of reprimand from those that are being vulgar; since, i count it privilage to catch flaming arrows for righteousness sake.

zulu, youre in a leadership position here at gb now....lead by example. be a true american and check your speech so it will reflect the gentleman that you really are and that we all should be.

children and respectable women are reading your posts.
    thanks.[;)][:)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    pi** is a vulgar word that somehow got accepted into society because no one had the guts to scold or correct.

How?

Society changed their minds! Society made it vulgar, now society has unvulgarized it.

Go live in a bubble...

Spanish_Inquisition_Monty_Python.jpg
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought "p***" was an onomatopoeia.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    bobski
    Did you know that piss is a word used in Bible verse? The old writers did not see them as vulgar and used them as a descriptive word. Here are some examples so will know I am not lieing

2Ki 18:27 But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? [hath he] not [sent me] to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?
    Isa 36:12 But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? [hath he] not [sent me] to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?
    1Sa 25:22 So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that [pertain] to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
    1Sa 25:34 For in very deed, [as] the LORD God of Israel liveth, which hath kept me back from hurting thee, except thou hadst hasted and come to meet me, surely there had not been left unto Nabal by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
    1Ki 14:10 Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall, [and] him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, as a man taketh away dung, till it be all gone.
    1Ki 16:11 And it came to pass, when he began to reign, as soon as he sat on his throne, [that] he slew all the house of Baasha: he left him not one that pisseth against a wall, neither of his kinsfolks, nor of his friends.
    1Ki 21:21 Behold, I will bring evil upon thee, and will take away thy posterity, and will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel,
    2Ki 9:8 For the whole house of Ahab shall perish: and I will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel:
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Get over it.

They're everywhere. They walk around like you and me. They don't even know their idiots....

You're young, you'll adjust.
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1

any good friend or fellow american and accountable husband from the old school should be first to correct such talk in hopes of keeping others from drawing false conclusions that we ALL are vulgar.

i for one dont like it. so i'll be first to say something with no fear of reprimand from those that are being vulgar; since, i count it privilage to catch flaming arrows for righteousness sake.

zulu, youre in a leadership position here at gb now....lead by example. be a true american and check your speech so it will reflect the gentleman that you really are and that we all should be.

Piss off.
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1

Ding Ding! In other words, don't s--- where you eat.
  • watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    What doesn't piss you off?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by watrulookinat
    What doesn't piss you off?

[:0]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by MVP:

bobski
    Did you know that piss is a word used in Bible verse? The old writers did not see them as vulgar and used them as a descriptive word. Here are some examples so will know I am not lieing

2Ki 18:27 But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? [hath he] not [sent me] to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?
    Isa 36:12 But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? [hath he] not [sent me] to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?
    1Sa 25:22 So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that [pertain] to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
    1Sa 25:34 For in very deed, [as] the LORD God of Israel liveth, which hath kept me back from hurting thee, except thou hadst hasted and come to meet me, surely there had not been left unto Nabal by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
    1Ki 14:10 Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall, [and] him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, as a man taketh away dung, till it be all gone.
    1Ki 16:11 And it came to pass, when he began to reign, as soon as he sat on his throne, [that] he slew all the house of Baasha: he left him not one that pisseth against a wall, neither of his kinsfolks, nor of his friends.
    1Ki 21:21 Behold, I will bring evil upon thee, and will take away thy posterity, and will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel,
    2Ki 9:8 For the whole house of Ahab shall perish: and I will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel:

MVP,

You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to deliver the slam-dunk with the scriptures, but then I saw you had already done it. Man, that really pisses me off.[:D]
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1

You're absolutely right.

Now piss off.
  • PlotzkyPlotzky Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:...when people who I consider to be friends start questioning my memory on specific events, ESPECIALLY when they weren't involved in the events in question.

Can Dr. Phil help...?...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Plotzky
    quote:...when people who I consider to be friends start questioning my memory on specific events, ESPECIALLY when they weren't involved in the events in question.

Can Dr. Phil help...?...

That bees funny![B)]