In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Animals and depression

Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
This is a picture of my youngest son Matt's cat. He is over seas in Afghanistan with his older brother in Afghanistan. We have his cat at home taking care of her and had to take her to the vet for not eating and losing weight. Well after a shocking vet bill that depressed me we found out that she misses her owner and is depressed! We now have to give her a pill once a day and play with her with new and exciting toys? Believe it or not it works she is now gaining weight and is more active while being on this medicine. And the best part of all she gets to hear her owner about once a week on the phone when he calls and meows back to him over the speaker phone. I in a million years would not have never believed this until I have now lived through it.....................

candy1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    get_involvedget_involved Member Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cats are smarter than most people think and they all have different personalities. Cats make great pets! Sounds like you are doing a terrific job.
  • Options
    daleefandaleefan Member Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I moved to Oklahoma from Mississippi 2 years ago and left mama and a 10 year old cat at home until it sold. I wasn't gone a week and mama said the cat started crying and wouldn't eat. He left one day and never came back home, so yes I believe it can happen.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    animals love to, to help her out, do you have some think that has your sons sent on it? or can he send some thing that does? give that to her. it helps. when i left my x-wife her dog did the same thing, until i rubbed myself down with a towel and had her give it to her dog. two days latter, x called and said that the dog started eating as soon as it got the towel, carried it everywhere, would cry if it was lost. just the scent recognition was enough to snap her out of it
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Duce..

Thank you for caring...

Cats do indeed get depressed as do dogs...They develop a bond with humans just as deep as we do with them...maybe more so...

I hope your sons come home soon....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    She is up and moving tonight as well. She had a chance to hear Matt`s voice over the phone and made her day. She just went into his room that we have tried to keep closed up for him and his brother to return home to but made a exception for her and let her sleep on his bed at night.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is what I was expecting to come home to if we did not find her some help soon!

untitled.jpg
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    [:D] thats just crazzzzzzzzzzyyy !! [:D]
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was 16 I hitched to Florida to work construction. I left my dog Monroe with my mother. He found one of my knit caps and would cuddle with it and sleep by the door.
    Ten years ago I worked out of town for a few months, my cat Norman lost weight and guarded my pillow till I got back.
    Animals love just the same as we do.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the cats we tied together and threw over the clothes line were very depressed, you could here them meowing for a mile away
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mogley I would like to tie punk like you together by your d**** and throw you over a clothesline.
  • Options
    gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    May the claws of a thousand kitty cats penetrate your genitals. [}:)][^]

quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    I know the cats we tied together and threw over the clothes line were very depressed, you could here them meowing for a mile away
  • Options
    bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah Mogley, you suck![8]
    JM
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Cats rule; dogs drool....
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cats don't get dry in the dryer, they get dry!

The statute of limitations is out on my committing that criminal act!
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    My Cat has been inconsolable since the Sopranos ended...