In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GB sellers....critique this listing for me

mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Started all over with the listing for Mrs. Mudge's Glock. Take a look at this and tell me what you think.

Mudge the persistent

ps. Took Mrs. Mudge to figure out the picture posting.[:I]

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!

Comments

• D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    Looks good a little dark towards the grip but all in all good pictures. Good luck selling that brick I mean glock[:p]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you would have done better to keep the package together. I also think you if you are going to sell the extra mags and holster separately, you should list them separately, not use them as an add on to your existing auction.

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    quote:Physical problem has caused her to go to a gun with a manual safety.

I'd remove that, makes you sound hard up to sell to get money for another gun. People will probably pester you for a lower price believing you just want to be rid of the gun.

quote:I also have 2 more 10 rd. factory mags. and a DeSantis holster. If you are interested in mags. and/or holster, let me know. The mags. are $10 each and the holster is $20. Mags. and holster combo for $35.

I'd either include them and bump up the "buy now" price or auction them seperately.

aliens.jpg
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    The gun pic is clean; there is a "waviness" on the mags of the second pic, where someone chnged the resolution.

Ditto on the "history" of the gun (medical conditions).

Describe as 99.9% condition, 'cause it sure looks it.

I never like "buy it now" prices". I wonder...does an auction end? or what if someone bids over the price?

Most target shooters love lots of mags. Include all the mags and sell the holster on the holster page, with a link to it. I sold my bianchi for $30...paid $38, so the guy saved tax, shipping, and $7, I didn't lose much on the holster.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would sell JUST the gun and ONE mag , the rest you should sell seperatly. Bidders Dont like High opening bids they will just pass
    on it, I would set a reserve price then start your opening bid
    at 45% of your reserve that way the dreamers can have some fun placing bids and the real Bidders will have some motivation to place thiers.....you know to Reach the Reserve.Good luck[;)]

use_deer.jpg
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:I would sell JUST the gun and ONE mag , the rest you should sell seperatly. Bidders Dont like High opening bids they will just pass
    on it, I would set a reserve price then start your opening bid
    at 45% of your reserve that way the dreamers can have some fun placing bids and the real Bidders will have some motivation to place thiers.....you know to Reach the Reserve.

What deerhunter said.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye