In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Leesport, PA Gun Show

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
Anyone going to the Leesport Gun Show this weekend just north of Reading on Rt.61 (about 12 miles south of Cabellas)at the Leesport farmers market complex? It's a nice little show crammed packed with 95% all firearms and no junk. Going down state for new years and may stop in there on Saturday.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!

Comments

• Options
    zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stopped going when they started charging just to get in the door.

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
  • Options
    ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you give me more details on the show? Days? Times?
    I hunted a few times in your area. Near Sonestown & Laport

<P> To each his own
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Ive never been to a gunshow yet where they don't charge to get in! Whats the big deal??? Quit being so cheap!!![^]

paboogerani3.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIRS - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The fellow who runs this gun show is a good guy and will send you discount door tickets and an occassional free pass if you sign up
    for the mailing list. I think the door fee is $5 and if buying a firearm or bulk ammo you surely can make the difference up on the deals you get inside.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    gunpaq,

Mrs njretcop told me last night that we are going to Cabelas Saturday with her sister and husband.

So, since we will be so close, I will be there. You gotta cell phone number or something? Mine is: 908 764-5805.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's not about being cheap. It's about BS fee's, it used to be free. I used to live 3 miles from here and went all the time. They don't have anything I can't get at local gun shops.
    If a mag costs $20 in the shop and the "good deal" show mag costs $15 and I spent $5 to get in wheres my savings$$$
    The people that run it make $$$ by renting spaces to vendors, charging for entry is just greed. If no one showed up I'm sure there would be no fee. Its like pay-per-view sports on tv, never supported it, never will. [:)]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824