In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Please pray for the mans family

Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Mom just called and told me about this. I grew up with Greg, went to church with him from the time we were both 5 years old until he moved to Nashville. Still go to church with his parents. Terrible situation. Thanks.

Former Metro officer kills estranged girlfriend, self, Metro police say

A former Metro police officer fatally shot his estranged girlfriend outside his Hermitage home this morning and later killed himself inside the home, Metro police said.

Gregory Dale Clayton served on the force from 1988-1998, Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said. He resigned to pursue a career as a lawyer, police said.

Aaron said the girlfriend, Lori Sue Stanley, pulled into the home's driveway about 11:30 a.m. and Clayton came out and shot her several times, Aaron said. The home is in the 100 block of Jacksonian Drive.

Stanley died about 3:15 p.m. at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, police said.

Police SWAT units converged to the home shortly after the shooting, and police attempted to contact Clayton for several hours unsuccessfully. Commanders made the decision to enter the home earlier this afternoon and officers found Clayton's body.

Aaron said police responded four times last month and once this month to the home in connection with domestic violence complaints.

Also, police executed a search warrant at the house last Wednesday and seized chemicals in connection with an investigation into the manufacture of methamphetamine, police said.

For more details, check tennessean.com and read tomorrow's Tennessean.

Comments

• kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can not begin to find the words to say...
    I hope your friend is at peace now and that his family can move past this. Such a terrible thing. May God have mercy on his soul.

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?