In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Followed me home today

JWolfJWolf Member Posts: 1,901
edited February 2008 in General Discussion
just got back from the topeka gun show. wasnt real impressive but walked away with an absolute perfect condition smith 17-6 .22 revolver. ill stick some pictures up when i get a chance. got a free 1897 winchester 12 ga yesterday too [:D]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I went out looking for a SIG 220 today, couldn't find one around here in Columbia, I saw a Winchester 30-30 lever gun on the shelf and asked to see it. I looked it over and thought that it looked to be in good shape, I noted the price at $324.00, I asked the guy what he could do for me on that price he dropped $100.00 and I bought it. Took it home and looked it over real well, cleaned it, as I did I saw no evidence that it had been fired more than maybe a few times if any more than test fired at the factory, I also had to remove some Cosmolene* from the action, this rifle is brand new. A Winchester Ranger 30-30. I can't wait to shoot this baby.
    100_1559.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And I get to keep em! I picked up a new Taurus mod 605 2 1/4 inch bbl .357 mag with ported bbl for a trade of a PT111 9mm and $25. Now that wife has a gun she feels comfy with. and Got the Beretta 92FS SS for the straight trade of a Kimber Pro Carry 2, I know some of you will say WTH!!!!!! A Kimber for a Beretta???? Or A 45 for a 9mm???? Somf of you will say I am nuts but I am happy with my trades and I have a Sig 220 for the 45 and didnt have a 357 so I am pleased. Both of these are brand new. Good day for me. Oh and this is number 1000 so I will draw the names tonight for the pager pal. good luck

100_1567.jpg
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Nice buy!![:p]
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every collection needs one. Plus you got a great deal on it.[8D]
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    $224

Great Scott!!!!

you wont find a deal like that very often
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jp...welcome to Lever Actions Anonymous. [:D]

Nice find and unbelievable deal man.
  • Options
    ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Knocked a $100 off? That's awesome!
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    My first Deer rifle!Still have her.
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Great, now you can sell it to me and make $5.00 to boot.[:D]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice rifle.
    Still looking for a 220?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes I am, I live in Columbia, Scquote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Nice rifle.
    Still looking for a 220?
  • Options
    moose56moose56 Member Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was going to bring a newbie home today, but Bass Pro never got them in! They had the Savage 17 Hornady on sale with scope and rings for $239. The scope and stock were a camo finish that was to be done for them only from Savage. However, they did not get the rings in time to make the shipment. So, I got a raincheck.

Moose
    PS- great price on the Ranger.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my grandgather's old Winchester 94, it was made in 1961 the year I was born. It was the only thing I ever asked him to leave for me when he passed on. I couldn't believe my cousin actually gave it to me. I have a lot of respect for him because I know he did not have to give it to me as there was nothing in writing.

Bode