In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TO TRADE, OR NOT TO TRADE??

MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I know the value of each but looking for a nudge in eather direction.

S&W 1006 (Semi-auto 10mm in box with two factory magazines. About 95% condition).

FOR

Romanian AK47 LNIB

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,452 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally I would have more use for the Smith and no use for the AK, but that is just me.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    man this ones a tuffy, An AK that you are gonna outfit well is more usable then a handgun.

On the other hand a 10mm pistol is concealable, light weight, and flat shooting past 100 yards.. Dang this is a hard one.

YAHHHHHH, trade it for the AK.

But if you do get the AK buy atleast 6 extra eastern euro ribbed steel mags for it.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't trade the 10mm for an Ak.
  • MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    decisions...decisions.....Thanks for the input. I like my 10mm, but for what I have in it, I would steal the AK in today's market.
  • ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My take is that if you have several handguns that you like as well or better then the 10mm and you do not own an AK then go for it. But, if you will end up missing the 10mm and already own semi auto miltype riless then don't.....
  • MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, by the way, the AK is an underfolder. I don't have one of those yet but would probably miss the 10mm. The S&W 10's are fairly hard to come by in good condition. AK's on the other hand are readily available.

I may just hold off on the trade, or think about it over the weekend.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here, the AK ect. craze is cooled down,,,they are showing up in gunstores now and not hard to get like a month ago... Would be imo about even deal,,,,nambu