In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shooting in Locust Fork

nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Kasey, just watched the news, whats the scoop. Way too close to you house [xx(] Did you know any of these folks. I heard one got killed.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/06/suspect_charged_with_murder_as.html

http://blountcounty.myfoxal.com/news/crime/one-killed-locust-fork-shooting/90085

Comments

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Wonder if its the neighbor with the bad dogs.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walter Tidmore is a guy that was adopted by an elderly couple and they never could control him. He was mentally ill and grew up to be a drunk and no count whatsoever. When we moved here to Locust Fork his aunt was our neighbor and his daughter used to ride horses from time to time over at her house. Mary Ann was her name and she was about 3 to 5 years younger than me. I never knew what Mary Ann's deal was, but she never seemed 100% to me....and after learning who her father was I didn't doubt there were mental issues with her as well. (Walter wrote me a "love note" when I was 15 and it looked like a 6 yr old wrote it...my father told him he would bury him where he fell if he ever saw him on our property again.)

When Mary Ann's Aunt passed away she had arranged for Mary Ann to get the house. It went downhill from there. Mary Ann had three kids...no husband and it was TRASHED. My parents built a long privacy fence to try to keep the mess on their side of the property line. Mary Ann had three kids....they are around the same age as mine...19, 15 and 14. We heard her yelling at the kids like dogs from time to time. I talked to her once about it and told her she should find a better place for them....AND keep Walter away from them if she cared about them at all. She just looked at me and didn't say a word with her typical dead-behind-the-eyes look on her face. They never had a chance....they will turn out just like her and her father.

Today someone shot Walter....he was found out in the yard dead on the scene. Mary Ann has been shot in the chest. She was air lifted and last I heard she is in stable condition. The kids reported that the fuss was over a vehicle...but everyone believes it was drug related. I have no idea???

They guy that shot them went 10 miles up the road to Massey's Nappa Auto parts store and told them "I have just done a bad thing" and asked for them to call the police.

What a mess.

What is crazy is my mother....I called her because someone called my cellphone to ask what was going on at my parent's neighbors. I get the story that gunshots were heard and the helicopter had to come for someone. My mom says....."I thought I heard gun shots and I always hear helicopters." She is precious.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you and yours are ok. David
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Now, there's some details you won't get from your local newspaper!

Thanks for the insight, Kasey.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Me too.

Glad you are Okay.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Wow!
    Any updates?
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    "I always hear helicopters."

I know what she means!

[:D]
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing new.... I heard that Mary Ann was going to be fine, but they weren't going to be able to remove the round from wherever it is in her body? That may be untrue....I heard that from my mother who is the sweetest person on the planet, but a little "whimsical" to say the least.

I have seen a couple cars over at the house. These are people I never really kept up with. I just knew they were trash and avoided them throughout the years. My parents house sits in the middle of 5 acres....kind of off the road. Both houses on each side of their place are smaller and close to the road. All I ever remember of these people is glancing over as I was pulling up my parents drive and thinking "how can people live like that?"
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    reminds me of a story. Fella asks his pal, "what part of a woman is her yet?". I dunno" sez the friend, "why?" " Well, the newspaper sez this fella shot his wife and the bullet is in her yet."
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey.... Glad you and yours are OK...
  • Options
    DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like some lowlife got blasted.

This does not trouble me.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,061 ******
    edited November -1
    ....shooting in Locust Fork ??
    Glad Kasey and family are o.k.
    Guess thats living in a big city for ya.[;)]
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LF -

Thanks for the information.

Glad top hear that you folks are all OK.

You folks take care and have a great Holiday weekend. [:)]
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Were Walter and Mary Ann blood kin [?][?]
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Were Walter and Mary Ann blood kin [?][?]

Don't know bout that ,,,but they NEVER bid on AS-IS auctions!!