In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ATF at it again get your ammo now!

M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
edited September 2016 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So reading through the article ATF's classification of wetted nitrocellulose has changed.
    This may present a hardship to the manufactures of smokeless powders, primers and ammunition but doesn't impact storing or record keeping of smokeless powder, or ammunition.

And the industry if smart should withhold all shipments of completed ammunition, and or smokeless powder to any and all government agencies including the military until the ATF changes their position.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,348 ******
    edited November -1
    Such ridiculousness. The ATF went full retard on this. Never go full retard.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    So reading through the article ATF's classification of wetted nitrocellulose has changed.
    This may present a hardship to the manufactures of smokeless powders, primers and ammunition but doesn't impact storing or record keeping of smokeless powder, or ammunition.

And the industry if smart should withhold all shipments of completed ammunition, and or smokeless powder to any and all government agencies including the military until the ATF changes their position.

More cost and regulations to adhere to for the manufacturers means less supply and higher costs for end users. Notice the ATF included no grace period for the manufacturers to be in compliance. Production will stop until compliance is obtained.

New license fees, construction of magazines to contain the reclassified "explosive" that has never been a problem, and no doubt new insurance costs.

How will the manufacturers manage to recoup these costs? We all know the answer to that question.

Back door gun control again. Guns without ammunition are great door stops.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Things are really starting to make sense to me now (I know, I'm slow).

All the ammo stockpiling and weapons buying the government was doing. All this was in the plans. And they knew that the only way that folks would retaliate initially was to cut off the supply of guns and ammo to federal agencies.

Well, that is what I suggest every manufacturer do. Think they will get behind that?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barry The Obammama,,the one who let's loose criminals by the hundreds and backdoor banning ammo,, YEP YOU DEMOCRATS on this board should be proud of your mudslime pres and the yanker * wanting to follow the absolute dungpile up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    Barry The Obammama,,the one who let's loose criminals by the hundreds and backdoor banning ammo,, YEP YOU DEMOCRATS on this board should be proud of your mudslime pres and the yanker * wanting to follow the absolute dungpile up.
    Unless you're willing to admit the shortcomings of the staunch republican supporters, I think you'd best step down of your high horse.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Unless you're willing to admit the shortcomings of the staunch republican supporters, I think you'd best step down of your high horse.

The only horse I have is a miniature pony[8)] and if you are a Demo, you have a * leading you now and a old, cheating nag to follow next time.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From Google:
    Modern, factory-loaded rounds are designed to function reliably in conditions ranging from the arctic to the tropics. Therefore as long as you prevent exposure to extreme heat, high humidity and temperature fluctuations, your ammunition can be expected to last 10 years.

So, need to replace your "stockpile" every 10 years or a few misfires aren't a big deal?
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    May be a good time to stock up to avoid the mayhem of misinformation to follow...[8]
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TEN YEARS??!! oh crap I better sell off the stuff I have it is getting around 5 or 6 years old.

quote:Originally posted by droptop
    From Google:
    Modern, factory-loaded rounds are designed to function reliably in conditions ranging from the arctic to the tropics. Therefore as long as you prevent exposure to extreme heat, high humidity and temperature fluctuations, your ammunition can be expected to last 10 years.

So, need to replace your "stockpile" every 10 years or a few misfires aren't a big deal?
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You guys can spin this how you want, but nothing changes the fact that this was done quietly by the ATF. We know who directs the ATF.

Bammy can't get any "common sense" BS gun control through congress, so here he goes again with back door tactics.

This reclassification will potentially cause delays in ammo and powder manufacture, and certainly will cause prices to rise.

Combine this fact with the threat of hitllary in office and we have ammogeddon. [:(!][:(!][:(!]

Prices will not go down from here on through November. Any mass shooting or terrorist crap on top of election panic will only increase the demand.

If you need ammo, and who doesn't - get it while you can. Same goes for components. Remember 2008, 2012 and Sandy Hook??
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have stuff from 1950's 7.62x25, works fine [:)]
  • Options
    silver salmonsilver salmon Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ammo good only for 10 years bull carp! I have ammo my grandfather bandleader back in the 1950s that not only still works but does inaccurately.
  • Options
    silver salmonsilver salmon Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darn auto spell
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as there are DEMOCRATs in government, your Second Amendment is in jeopardy.

The end of private gun ownership is a core competency and strategic goal of the DEMOCRAT party. They will not stop until this goal is attained and could care less about any unintended consequence.

DEMOCRATs will use EVERY tool available to end your Second Amendment rights to include the DOJ, DOT, IRS and every alphabet federal agency to include the ATF. That is every stinking agency.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ATF just issued an update to this. They had a bunch of ammo companies contact them over this and they've decided to look into it more so I wouldn't be in some big hurry to clear the shelves of ammo just yet.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

All the ammo stockpiling and weapons buying the government was doing. All this was in the plans. And they knew that the only way that folks would retaliate initially was to cut off the supply of guns and ammo to federal agencies.

Well, that is what I suggest every manufacturer do. Think they will get behind that?

I suspect you are giving them all together too much credit for brains and foresight. Even a blind hog and all that, I think that better describes them.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1

The only horse I have is a miniature pony[8)] and if you are a Demo, you have a * leading you now and a old, cheating nag to follow next time.

i wouldnt go bragging

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=680754
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    does anyone here know the difference in whetted nitrocellulose, and nitrocellulose that is used in smokeless gun powder ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    does anyone here know the difference in whetted nitrocellulose, and nitrocellulose that is used in smokeless gun powder ?

From what I have read, "whetted nitrocellulose" is just that, it was not considered explosive because it was wet with water or alcohol. This made it safe for transport and storage until the liquid was removed and it became an explosive again.

This is how I understand it, I could easily be wrong though, happens all the time. [:)]

I have not read about just why the ATF decided to reclassify wetted nitrocellulose, maybe they were bored and needed to create new regulations instead of enforcing existing regulations???[;)]

Or if you put on a tin foil hat it is back door gun control.[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762

From what I have read, "whetted nitrocellulose" is just that, it was not considered explosive because it was wet with water or alcohol. This made it safe for transport and storage until the liquid was removed and it became an explosive again.

This is how I understand it, I could easily be wrong though, happens all the time. [:)]

I have not read about just why the ATF decided to reclassify wetted nitrocellulose, maybe they were bored and needed to create new regulations instead of enforcing existing regulations???[;)]

Or if you put on a tin foil hat it is back door gun control.[:(!]
    Wetting nitrocellulose (with water or alcohol) is exactly how you make it non-explosive. It is non explosive when wet. It's exactly like how tannerite is non-explosive before you mix the parts.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn, now I am going to have to stop sharpening my nitrocellulose.[:(!][:(][V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

I suspect you are giving them all together too much credit for brains and foresight. Even a blind hog and all that, I think that better describes them.
    Possibly, but they feds aren't all looney tunes characters. There are charlatans at the upper echelons who do, in fact plan for the future.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

that was my jest.[:I]

i wouldnt go bragging

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=680754