In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

RB-17

gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Anyone use this stuff. I was looking for blue wonder and they didnt have any but they did have RB-17. It works pretty good. Anyone else have any comments on this stuff?

Larry

Comments

• beaglebeagle Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have bought some of this stuff at guns shows in the past. It cleans great. I have used it in pistol barrels, on the front of cylinders, and even on black powder rifles. It cleans the barrels of b.p s and around the nipples excellent.

I was told at a gun show that this stuff is derived from horse manure. That the inventor was cleaning horse stalls and found the concrete under the manure very clean from the amonia. I was told this by somone selling RB-17.

I have not cleaned any rifles with it though as it seems to be very mild and might not clean copper from a rifle barrel.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beagle

I was told at a gun show that this stuff is derived from horse manure. That the inventor was cleaning horse stalls and found the concrete under the manure very clean from the amonia. I was told this by somone selling RB-17.

Sounds like a bunch of horse hocky to me.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    The stuff cant be too bad. The airforce and a few other agencies use RB-17. Check out their websight www.rb_17.com Seems to be in the blue wonder catagory. They seem chemically simalar but rb_17 is cheaper. I wonder which one works better. Anybody have both products?

Larry