In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some women are weird.....

crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My wife came home unexpectedly from work a little while ago and complimented me on how I was cleaning the house and even ran the dishwasher. Then, she opened the dishwasher and found the four spoked wheel covers off the old Buick in there. She went crazy! I pointed out that I removed all the dishes first, but that made no difference to her. We've been married almost 30 years and I still don't understand her! Women!! Are they all that way?

Comments

• BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Yep![:(]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Purely genetic[:D]

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Wait til you powder coat something in the oven.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even when I do the dishes, I get "the look" if I don't "fill it full enough". Apparently, I am incapable of cramming enough dishes in the dishwasher, and this is apparently a rather serious breach of proper kitchen ettiquette....or something.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    No Kidding!

I was clipping my toenails on the bed last night and my wife freaked out about it. I said "whats the big deal? I'll scoop them up and throw them away when I'm done."

Geesh!

She gets the same way when I let the dog lick me in the face. She says, "You know that dog licks her butt? Why don't you just cut out the middle man and just kiss her *?"

Another thing!

Why don't women understand the five second rule?

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Big daddy I got in serious trouble over an oven incident I once had.Cost me the price of a new Range,but I needed a better one at the cabin anyway.[:D]

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SkyWatcher
    Even when I do the dishes, I get "the look" if I don't "fill it full enough". Apparently, I am incapable of cramming enough dishes in the dishwasher, and this is apparently a rather serious breach of proper kitchen ettiquette....or something.

Just the opposit at my house. I cram as many dishes into that sucker as I can. She says "they won't get clean that way". I say, "then I'll just run it twice".

But its the other way with the trash. she wants the trash taken out when the can is almost full. I put my foot on top of the trash and stomp it halfway down the can and say, "look there is plenty more room".

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't do dishes, But I will occasionally use the dishwasher for other things..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    But I will occasionally use the dishwasher for other things..

Like giving her a shovel to clear the driveway? [:D]

I'm sorry, I just had to say it.

• crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks...I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I got busted another time for washing my dirty baseball caps with her pots and pans too. I guess I'm too old to learn....[}:)][;)]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I do all household chores as poorly as possible but with a real good attitude. She doesn't ask me to help anymore!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Excuse us for being resourceful and ingenious.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got in Huge trouble last winter when i rebuilt a lawn mower
    in the bath tub,I explained to her that was the best place
    because it would be easy clean up and few parts would get away
    from me.......She did not buy it[V]

use_deer.jpg96EB.jpg
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    deerhntr, I got the same thing from my wife when I cleaned my BP guns in the tub.

JuJu(cant live with em, cant live without em, sigh)
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Some?

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah but how many of you have cleaned deer in the bathtub?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Women: You can't live with 'em, and neither can I.

Women: You can't live with 'em, and you can't shoot 'em 'cause it's illegal.

Women: You can't live with 'em, and you can't have heterosexual sex without 'em.

(The last is my favorite. Any others?)
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Mateomasfeo
    Matt I tried the same thing with my wife like you did years ago. She would not let me to play unless the chores were done to her satisfaction.. What a witch!

Then last night before I got one foot in the door. She yells what is this $1,000 in charges on the credit card.
    I told her:
    $125 for her roses on VD day.
    $45 @ Lowes for the puppy's cage.
    $250 for a racing suit for her girlfriends kids birthday. That the wife gave him.
    $85 for VD dinner
    $165 for our 21st Aniv. dinner
    $138 to have her car detailed
    $225 for me a Walther P22 pistol.
    Needless to say she dropped the subject..
    Why? I have no ideal.
    Walte
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL oh man thats too funny, wash the ol buick hub caps in the dishwasher, hahahah ahahahahaha a id flip too if my fiance owned a buick! [:D][:D]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    ...And And I thought that was just a normal "man-thing".... My best friend and I wonder if the fact that we have more educatation than anyone else in the household, that that is what qualifies us to be the only ones who know how to scrub out a toilet.....or wash the toothpaste spit down the drain, or notice that the garbage pail is full....quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

I do all household chores as poorly as possible but with a real good attitude. She doesn't ask me to help anymore!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will spare you of the subject of what you may flush and may not flush down the toilet when you are on a septic system. [}:)]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    quote:Some women are weird.....

NEWSFLASH-all women are weird[;)]

BillCat.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
    edited November -1
    ...I mean, what makes a man think that I want to look at the nasty, dirty Q-tip that he used this morning to clean out his ears, so much so that we have to save it on the vanity top of the bathroom sink....?
    Oh heck, I could go on for a week of Sundays...

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • ZzzzippgunZzzzippgun Member Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    A friend told me yesterday "If they didn't have a ...., there'd be a bounty on 'em"

"weird" is not nearly strong enough a word to describe them.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What did she expect to find in there? Dishes? I always thought it was great that contractors built homes with parts scrubbers. Was I wrong? [:D][}:)]

Y, my wife wastes more garbage bags . . . "it smells" . . . mind you, it's only been 12 hours since I took out the last one 1/10 full and the only thing in this one is paper & coffee grounds. But I know to be suspicious if she takes it out! Those are the ones I look through very carefully at the dump . . . amazing the things one finds . . . perfectly good clothing (mine) with just a few holes and stains and - seriously - things like instruction booklets scooped up with yesterday's newspaper.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    ...I mean, what makes a man think that I want to look at the nasty, dirty Q-tip that he used this morning to clean out his ears, so much so that we have to save it on the vanity top of the bathroom sink....?

The life of that Q-tip is not over with just one ear swipe,
    that can be used later for cleaning the milks and crannies of the Muzzle loader[:D] A Q-tips service life is not rated by use
    but by its color shade afterward[;)]

use_deer.jpg96EB.jpg
    edited November -1
    LMAO.....quote:Originally posted by deerhntr
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady

The life of that Q-tip is not over with just one ear swipe,
    that can be used later for cleaning the milks and crannies of the Muzzle loader[:D] A Q-tips service life is not rated by use
    but by its color shade afterward[;)]

use_deer.jpg96EB.jpg

• WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are all crazy

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bigtire you made me laff til I cryed my wife lets the dog kiss her too and he eats cat snot o well.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

Your busted counselor! I'll be sending the extortion letter out shortly.[:D]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the women in my house are a little weird ...

weird_cat.jpg

Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • FlatheadFlathead Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife gets mad at the simplest things also, Heck all I did was put some ball bearings in an old motorcycle gas tank, wrap it up real good in towells and put it in the dryer to spin around and let the bearings clean the the inside of the tank up. Only mistake I made was forgetting to take it out before she got to it[:D]
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Flathead...that was funny, but an excellent idea! I've got an old gas tank for my boat with rust problems inside that could use something lke that. Only it's too big to get in the dryer...[:(] Guess I'll have to think of another way to shake it around.....[:D]
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    Don't they make a thing that you put in the toilet that Bleaches it clean?

If the q-tip would have fit in the garbage can i'd have put it there. quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    ...And And I thought that was just a normal "man-thing".... My best friend and I wonder if the fact that we have more educatation than anyone else in the household, that that is what qualifies us to be the only ones who know how to scrub out a toilet.....or wash the toothpaste spit down the drain, or notice that the garbage pail is full....quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!