In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mexico beats US - Some chant "Osama"

FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
GUADALAJARA, Mexico - The boos nearly drowned out "The Star-Spangled Banner," and a few dozen fans chanted "Usama! Usama!" as the United States was eliminated by Mexico in Olympic men's soccer qualifying.

A loud anti-American crowd yelled the first name of Usama bin Laden (search), the leader of the Al Qaeda (search) terrorists who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks, as Mexico beat the United States 4-0 Tuesday night in the under-23 tournament, claiming a berth in the Athens Olympics (search).

As U.S. players left the stadium for their bus, several fans -- some clutching beers -- chanted "Usama! Usama!"

Police in riot gear held back the crowd and urged people to calm down.

"I think the fans here in Mexico are terrific; I think their patriotism and support of their team is terrific," U.S. coach Glenn Myernick said. "But unless I missed something, not one of them came down on the field and kicked the ball. We were beaten by a better football team tonight, not by the fans."

For Mexico, the game partly avenged a 2-0 loss to the United States in the second round of the 2002 World Cup, a far more important tournament involving national teams.

The U.S. men will miss the Olympics for the first time since 1980 -- when the entire American delegation boycotted the Moscow Games. Mexico also ended the United States' 19-tournament streak of qualifying for every FIFA men's outdoor event, including the World Cup, the Olympics, the World Youth Championship for players under 20 and the Under-17 World Championship.

While both Mexican national television networks broadcast Tuesday's game live in Mexico, there was no television in the United States, where the game was broadcast on closed circuit to about 190 restaurants.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY

Comments

• gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    I say we take em Out!!!!!

Larry
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm speachless. Where's FRED REED during this tiraid??[:D][:D][:D][B)]

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    ok lets close the border

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Sounds like it may be time for Operation MEXICAN FREEDOM [}:)][;)][:D]

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Screw those greaseballs.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    snot, We'd roll through there in all of one day!! Wouldn't be the first time we've invaded mexico!!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shut down the border, deport their cousins then watch them drown in their own corruption and filth. No great loss to the world, much less us.

Soccer - big deal - the average American woman's college hockey team would kick their sorry butts into a pile of broken pinatas without breaking a nail. If we were beaten in a major sport, I'd care about that part of it, too . . . but soccer?

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Soccer is to the rest of the world what football is to the US. It is THE major team sport on the planet I would guess.

The borders do need to be completely locked if for no other reason than to keep out terrorist. We would enjoy the added benefit of lower public assistance requirements in CA, AZ, NM, and TX.

Will miss TJ, but hey, there's always Miami.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The boos nearly drowned out "The Star-Spangled Banner,"

Was it Jack Daniels? [:p]
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Flood the Rio Grande with fresh sea water and stock it with meat eating fishes![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Angry_shark_2.gif

SHUT DOWN NAFTA![}:)][}:)]

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A bunch of drunk soccar fans do not represent the whole nation. When the rest of the nation starts chanting OSAMA, then we can be mad. Canada did the same thing earlier at another sports event (booing the anthem). All the fans are doing is trying to get into the heads of the players. Seemed to have worked.[B)]

Mad Dog
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Teak...IMWICHU....real Americans play games with their hands. Football, baseball, basketball, etc. (By the way that's etcetera. Not eXcetera,
    not etceteretta.)
    Wimps play games with their feet.
    And you can count one one hand the people in that stadium that would not like to be in the U.S. accepting our welfare, social security,
    and any other "bennies" they can suck up.
    Do I sound pi$$ed?

Mudge the American

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would play a game with my foot called kick them in the A**
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Well, I was gonna give Texas back, BUT NOT NOW!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Patriots49Patriots49 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Herb Brooks would never have taken that attitude!

"You cannot conquer America." -William Pitt, 1777
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iconoclast: Le mot juste. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I would suggest a slight modification: after closing the border and deporting the cousins, inform them---and their government---that any Mexicans entering the country illegally will be shot and left for dead in the desert. Any attempt by the Mexican armed forces to aid illegals in crossing into this country will be considered an act of state-sponsored terrorism, and an overt act of war.

And I agree 1000% with the idea/picture of sealing them up inside their own country and watching them "drown in their own filth and corruption".
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like they have been smoking to much of their on pot![;)]

Ungreatful scumbags. it's time to take back all the jobs we sent to them via NAFTA.[}:)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't it be great if we could just close the border? I am bettign the Texas National Guard would jump at the chance. I for one am sick and tired of illegals muching off of our country. I have no problem with the state providing assistance to help people get back on their feet, but WHY THE HELL should we be paying for all these illegals who put NOTHIGN back into the system?!?!/ Kick them all the hell out!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    When your next door neighbor invites you to die... I'd say you'd probably take that into account in future dealings.

Likewise the US and Mexico... All is not skittles and beer. Sooner or later we better face that fact!

Nord
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker
    Sounds like it may be time for Operation MEXICAN FREEDOM [}:)][;)][:D]

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln

AMEN!!! I'm ready to go[;)] Can I put in a two-year tour PLEASE?[}:)]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need to inform you savages that soccer is the greatest sport in the world. To try to explain the nuances of this sport to you brutes would be "casting pearls before swine," and Jesus says not to do that.

As to these scum who who shouted "Osama", I like filling the Rio Grande with piranhas.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Allen, I believe the eloquent sport you are refering to is RUGBY, not Soccer [;)]

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."
    edited November -1
    Back when I was playing soccer, I heard it said that "Rugby is a sport for savages, but it is played by gentlemen. Soccer is a sport for gentlemen, but it is played by savages."
    I disagreed with that sentiment of course, but you can get hurt playing soccer. In fact the worst cheaters I ever played against were Mexicans, now that I think of it.
    I am 6-3, so the good thing was, when a little beaner was playing dirty, I could just accidentally run into him and he would fall down. Then he would adjust his attitude about trying to chop down a gringo.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    hhhmmmmm someone should have started yellig SNIPER SNIPER SNIPER SNIPER SNIPER

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    hhhmmmmm someone should have started yellig SNIPER SNIPER SNIPER SNIPER SNIPER

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Whether it's Mexicans or Canadians, does anyone recall fans' booing national anthems or screaming hate words to that extent in past years? Maybe it's just me, but this seems over the top.

close the Mexican border? Amen
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just when is the US going to stop takeing fooey off of Mexico?Arent we the almighty World Super Power?We as citizens need to E-mail and write our Congress men and women as well as Senate.If we dont people the US Goverment has done proven they arent going to ever stop all this BS.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mexico for the mexicans, america for us americans!!!![:D][:D]

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by alledan
    Flood the Rio Grande with fresh sea water and stock it with meat eating fishes![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

LMAO[:D][:D][:D]

I'm with this guy[:D]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I disagreed with that sentiment of course, but you can get hurt playing soccer. In fact the worst cheaters I ever played against were Mexicans, now that I think of it.

I'm 5'7' (150lbs) and played forward in college. Small guy but due to strong bones, my first and only injury was to a Mexican team; one of them took me out from behind with a slide tackle, tearing two or three ligaments. As I rolled around in pain, the culprit disappeared before I could get a look at who did it (I was steaming pissed[:(!]). No one came up to apologize then nor after the game[:(!][:(!]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
    edited November -1
    Hey Frog where did you play soccer?

I got my medial collateral ligament torn up on a dirty slide tackle, missed the rest of the season. But my assailant wasn't Mexican, he was a gringo. In fact, he was the only guy I ever got on the field with who was taller than me.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Ok ,It REALLY steams me to hear of someone booing OUR National Anthem...and ya,CLOSE the da## borders....But in the meantime people,do you ever watch who does what IN OUR OWN COUNTRY while the anthem is played???????True it has been much better since 9-11 but still...If we can't make our own RESPECT the flag,and our country,just how in H$%# are we to expect the rest of the world to?
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    ok lets close the border

That is the answer! They hate us because we are successful.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • glynglyn Member Posts: 5,698 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually Allen the saying is Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen and soccer is a gentlemens game played by hooligans.As for the beaners insulting the US how about not only parana in the Rio Gradd but adding lots mines along the border,and then closing all the crossing points.

Those who live by the sword will be killed by those who dont. Glyn
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come on guys, be nice. Remember, El Presidente Bush wants to let them in the country so they can have jobs too.[}:)][:0][:(]

Mad Dog
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    He said it's to do the jobs Americans won't take. What would that be?
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    worhtless wetback scum. I hope they all die from hunta virus.

If we are so bad why do paco and the gang put so much effort into trying to get here?

I think we should place macine gun nests on the border. and a sign facing south that says 'try to come here, and you will die.'

Think about the wetbacks as you drive to work in your chevy truck wnere 80% of the components marked 'heche en Mexico.'

without Clinton's nafta deal, these gentlemans wouldn't have been able to afford a ticket to this wussy sport.

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    i did not say 'gentlemens'......i said p....r.....i.....c.....k.....s. just wanted to clear that up for ya'll......quote:Originally posted by rcrxmike_2
    worhtless wetback scum. I hope they all die from hunta virus.

If we are so bad why do paco and the gang put so much effort into trying to get here?

I think we should place macine gun nests on the border. and a sign facing south that says 'try to come here, and you will die.'

Think about the wetbacks as you drive to work in your chevy truck wnere 80% of the components marked 'heche en Mexico.'

without Clinton's nafta deal, these gentlemans wouldn't have been able to afford a ticket to this wussy sport.

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!