In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What won't your dog eat ?

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Mine is a big Mooch. Sitting here eating popcorn, he is eyeballing me like it is the last day on earth. What won't your dog eat. Mine won't eat olives or horseradish sauce.

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Had a German Shorthiar that loved to eat ruby red grapefruit, grapes, banannas, and lizards (live, off of the wall of the house). There was absolutely nothing he wouldn't eat including cabbage and broccoli.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a big weimaraner when I was a kid. That dog would eat anything you would feed him. You could even give him a rock and he would hold it in his mouth till you weren't looking then spit it out. That dog would do anything but hunt.

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Golden will eat bout everything except cashews. I swear,you can give a her handful of mixed nuts and she will sit there munching for a minute then, SPITOOEY, she spit out the cashews. Most am amazing thing Ive ever seen ... as far as dawgs go [:D]

"A Fear of Weapons is a sign of Retarded Sexual
    and Emotional Maturity" Sigmund Freud
    "MOLON LABE !"
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    My dog will eat anything accept lettuce and brussel sprouts.

Larry
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anything but celery and he will eat that if you put peanut butter on it

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    mine will eat anything

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our Great Dane hates black-eyed peas.
    Also,,, she spits out the fish shaped bits in her kibbles and chunks dogfood.

Sparky, our poodle has to have soft food 'cause his teeth aint the best anymore. We have to put him in a separate room to eat because the big dogs think the soft dog food is pretty good stuff.
    We have to stay in the room as he eats, 'cause he gets scared and wont eat if we just shut him in the room. This is frustrating[:(!].

Flash,,aint particular,,,set it in front of him and its chowtime.
    He's not real fond of lettice though[;)]

,,,[:)]sod

cyclone.gifdemandbeeftag.jpg
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our dog don't care to much for human flesh.Will eat just about anything else.
    EvilDr235

Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    he wont eat grapes or vegtables

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beets. Funny thing, I don't like them either.
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Kind of off the beaten path, but my wifes friggin cat goes nuts when I get out the green olives. One day he ate 5, and I mean the entire olives! Never seen anything like it!
  • axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Canvas shoes, table legs, wire, pillows....anything tho is fair game.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I have bloodhounds. So far, the kitchen sink is safe-

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Mine hates Oranges.[:0]
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't found anything that my dog won't eat.........even fruit and vegetables. Believe it or not he'll eat raw onions. Basically if he sees us eating it he wants it too.
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Fruits and veggies.

Won't eat a fish carcass either.[?][?]

Same holds true for all four mutts.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If any of our Dogs see us eat it they will eat it,the most bizzare to me was a carrot.Lena was lying in front of the fireplace and my wife brought me a plate of those tiny carrots and sour cream and onion dip.I dont allow our dogs to beg for food they know better.As I was finishing up I called Lena and gave her a carrot dipped in sour cream and she loved it.Now none of the Dobermans will eat regular dog food.It has to be canned dog food or Kibbles in bits.We feed them alot of scraps as we usually have a fair amount of left overs just me and my wife.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • earthmvrearthmvr Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I had a big weimaraner when I was a kid. That dog would eat anything you would feed him. You could even give him a rock and he would hold it in his mouth till you weren't looking then spit it out. That dog would do anything but hunt.

lol. My weimariener is the same way. Haven't come across anything yet that he won't eat. Including whole loafs of bread, boxes of crackers, salad, bagels, etc. Last night I caught him tearing into a box of microwave popcorn he pulled out of the pantry. It's no wonder he's 50 lbs. overwieght. Sometimes I think I can actually hear him getting fatter!

4dff19a9.gifc716f163.gif72d96bc6.jpg
    Proud member of the NRA and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dogs mom used to pick out the peas in the kibble and bits with veggies. When she was done eating the bottom of the bowl would be full of hard peas.
  • orca44magorca44mag Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dog won't eat the kids' homework - everything else, open season.
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    my dog is an idiot. he will eat anything......

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!