In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

John Kerry war record

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
0225.jpg

gun.gif
Those who live by the
sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif

Comments

• interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    This cat's a major "storch".

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Don't forget Kerry voted AGAINST every new weapon the military wanted during his tenure in Congress, including the Cruise Missle and the Patriot Missile.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • Tiger6Tiger6 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Valor, My *.. [:(!][:(!][V][:(!][:(!]

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    George Orwell

TARGETS UP!
    TIGER6
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Rebel James,

Well, the Army just axed the Comanche, so maybe if Congress had listened to Kerry's stance on that, they might have saved us over 6 billion dollars.

Which cruise missile did he vote against? Was it the Tomahawk? If so, that would be a pretty dumb thing to vote against.

But let's look at everything else there:

"Tossed away someone else's medals in protest": true enough. No disputing that.

"Worked with Hanoi Jane to bring the troops home": The goal was laudible (bring 'em home), but his methods may not have been. As far as I know, though, he did not meet Jane Fonda until she was married to Ted Turner, ie, decades later. This statement is misleading at best.

"Favored nuclear freeze movement (which would have frozen the Cold War in place with a Soviet advantage)": That's out and out Cold War paranoia... at NO time did the Soviets ever have an advantage over the U.S. or NATO. We had more nukes than they did up until the late 70's (the "missile gap" was a fabrication of JFK's) and had better guidance and delivery systems than they did.

"Opposed anti-communist movements in Central America (to heck with Nicaragua)": The contras were drug runners, rapists, thieves, and murderers. And by selling weapons to Iran to support them, Ronald Reagan directly contributed to every terrorist Iran supported. I'd oppose them, too, if it meant equippng Hizbollah and Islamic Jihad.

"Opposed the first Gulf War" & "Voted to give Dubya the power to disarm Sadddam": Okay, now this is a case of getting things bass-ackwards. The first Gulf War was a clear cut case of standing up to aggression. The second was a clear cut case of wanting to initiate aggression. Whatever Kerry's thoughts are on Iraq, he needs to get them straightened out.

"Used the 'F' word to describe Dubya's handling of the war": So he's plain-spoken and straight-forward. If Dubya had said the same thing about Saddam, y'all would be wetting yourselves with admiration for the man.

"Voted against funding current conflict": I am not clear on what the appropriations bill wanted to spend the money on. If it was for our troops, then Kerry needs to get his priorities straight. If it was so every Iraqi could have a color TV and air conditioning, Bush should;ve paid for it himself.

"Disparages Dubya's military service but declares Clinton's off limits": Try finding a single quote from John Kerry saying GW Bush was a shirker, AWOL, or a dodger. True, he has not told the Democrats to lay off, but when Bush touts himself as a "war president", he should expect his credentials to come under scrutiny.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Disparages Dubya's military service but declares Clinton's off limits": Try finding a single quote from John Kerry saying GW Bush was a shirker, AWOL, or a dodger. True, he has not told the Democrats to lay off, but when Bush touts himself as a "war president", he should expect his credentials to come under scrutiny.

And you don't think Kerry is stretching the truth as well? Neither of them have perfect war records but I would have to say Bush other than the war president comment isnt making a mountain out of a mole hill like Kerry is. He gets a couple scratches and get how many medals then gets out early??

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    7mm,

Oh, I know that Kerry's stretching his for all it's worth. Three Purple Hearts means he was either unlucky, stupid, or the other guy was a good shot. Bravery has nothing to do with those.

But, the fact is, he was in combat. Bush was not. Kerry volunteered for combat. Bush did not. So when Kerry asks our men and women to go to war, to fight, and to possibly die, at least he has an idea of what they'll be going through. And unless war is one weekend a month and air conditoned offices, I doubt Bush can say the same.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I won't argue that one bit.

Listen, I feel the same way about Kerry as you do Bush. To me Kerry should be feared, he is a dangerous man, moreso than Bush will ever be. Like I posted earlier inthe day in a thread to Highball, even if we win in the senate this week and we avoid the hangman, if Kerry takes over this election the fight will be fought again and it wil be too soon. I feel Kerry will reignite this AWB and gunshow ordeal within moths of taking office and he is a big enough of a snake to use an executive order.

How about my favorite style of comparason, i have a simple mid and I like simple explanations,

G Bush - .223
    J Kerry - .30-06.

2nd ammendment - 500 yards away

see where I am going here?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • ZzzzippgunZzzzippgun Member Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    You guys speak your minds, don't you?
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Back when Clinton was running against Bush '41, wasn't Kerry quoted as saying military service, or the lack of it, shouldn't make a diffenrence when running for president?

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Staying out of this one![:D]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!