In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is TGov. or State funding for children with IEP's?

crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Do any of you folks know if there is any government or state funding out there for children with IEP's (independant education programs) that are presently attending a public middle school (sixth grade)? My son is in the sixth grade and is still having a very hard time with the work he is given. He fell behind a few years ago in the third grade and the school has been very tough to deal with in the situation. I posted earlier under Bush's no child left behing topic. In that topic I stated that my wife and I had seen a attorney about the situation and he could not help us because the juges we have in columbiana county Ohio would not allow such a suit in their court room which is a darn shame for the kids today that do not receive a proper education. We took him to be tested at a Sylvans learning center and they told us after the test that they could help him and get him where he needs to be, Guarenteed for only (HOPE YOU ARE SITTING DOWN) $15,000.00. There is no price for our childs education but god D--n I could not beleive they wanted that much money. The attorney told us that we had a winning case but could not win it in our county with the judges. We are looking for any info. that anybody may have on funding out there for such a case to get him professional tutoring to help out to try to also get my youhg mans confidence and self esteem where it needs to be. You folks all know that there is only so much that can be done at home. I have even put my wife and I at blame for letting this go for so long but we kept trusting the school on the situation and they have failed and now we are looking for desperate help that anybody may have. Thank you for any information!!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!