In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Interesting experience with buddies at open range.

Ruger22Ruger22 Member Posts: 385
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I went to an outdoor range with my buddies today and had the time of my life. This was a different type of experience in many ways. This is a large outdoor range in North Central Florida. It allows for all types of different weaponry.
While the technical and social aspects of the trip were fantastic, as everyone exchanged tactics and let others shoot their guns., I found something else even more enjoyable and this is the part that I liked the best.
While the first part of the trip was great, and was noisy, loud, and boysterous in a good way, while everyone was shooting, eating, and socializing, the part that I found most enjoyable was even more of a catharsis.
After about three hours of shooting, socializing, eating hot dogs, exchanging tactics, , etc, We were all exhausted. There are picnic tables in the back, so everyone finally went out there, spread out their towels and lubricants, and cleaning kits, everyone sat down and didn't say a word for the next hour or so. All you could hear in the background was the occasional bird chirping or the occasional cricket. For a whole hour, everyone was in the zone and on the same page. Everyone was just focuses on cleaning. It was incredible, it was like man was one with nature and with his guns. It was like God enforcing his authority, by affirming that man was at the top of the food chain. Man was there with his guns, the birds knew it, the crickets knew it, the small game knew it. Most of all, we knew it. We kept quiet and just cleaned our guns while exercising our God given right. I thought about this on my trip back in the car. It brought a smile to my face. I am often asked why I shoot and like guns, this thread is why.[:)]

Member: NRA, RFC, John Birch Society, American Numismatic Association.
50pic.jpg
124L.gif
597lr_sm.jpg
rfcmember.gifnraseal.jpgvo_large.jpg

Comments

• leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been in a situation like that. Cool feeling. Thanks

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • VonflakVonflak Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dear Penthouse,

quote:...There are picnic tables in the back, so everyone finally went out there, spread out their towels and lubricants,...

shew...almost stopped reading...

good story Hoss

Jesus: Don't leave earth without him

byf
  • 0341USMC0341USMC Member Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Life is great. what other country can you do this in!!!!!
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    story brought a smile to my face. Thanks Ruger22

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • Ruger22Ruger22 Member Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    Great feedback everyone. I wish you were all there with me.[:)]

Member: NRA, RFC, John Birch Society, American Numismatic Association.
    50pic.jpg
    124L.gif
    597lr_sm.jpg
    rfcmember.gifnraseal.jpgvo_large.jpg