In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Another Military Drawdown

Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
The Air Force has announced they have about 16,000 too many people. Anyone whom applies for a miscellaneous discharge will be approved in the next few weeks.

If the people got bonuses to come in don't have to pay them back to get out.

Flush your toilet, see the countries money going down the drain?

If I get out now after 11 years I get $0...why couldn't I have came in later and got the mercenary bonuses.

I'm sorry folks my eyes must be failing lately as I can see little good anymore.

kabalogoshadowed.gif

Comments

• ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe you can make money at this, I think the ARMY will give you a bonus to enlist.. maybe you can even get a few weeks off before you go to bootcamp[:D]

BE ALL YOU CAN BE

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... NRA & Friends of the NRA
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS
    Thanks for all the help!
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    You don't think it's silly to give someone say $5000 to enlist and then let them out?

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not think the Air Force would blindly process requests from the first 16,000 who applied. Surely there must be some consideration for MOS, rank and time in service; I doubt losing 16,000 pilots and air crew or other critical job specialty personnel is what they have in mind. Maybe recent enlistees will not even be eligible this deal.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    we dont do it for the money

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • kitfookitfoo Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last I heard, if anyone washed out of a non-ops tech school, they would be moved to a critically manned ops career field. ie.. Space, Intel, C2, etc. Guess I'll be seeing a lot of washed out admin and A/C mechs in my squadron. [:(] That is, if they even make it through Intel school. 2 failures in the school, and they go by-by; most likely from the AF.