In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Girl Scouts 'hard sell' a turnoff!! (cookie sales

ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
yelling,dancing,shouting,banner waving,in-your-face sales tactics being used,up her in the NW anyway,is a real turnoff.I won'g buy 'em that way. I won't by ANYTHING that way.
Guess I"m just getin' old,but that kind of stuff sends me running....and not for my checkbook.
Anybody else running into this 'campaign' in your area,or is it just a NW idea?
<rant mode off>

Throckmortons' the alias,cas is the game.

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who cares!? Gimme![:D]

He Dog
  • rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There little girls having fun. Only thing about Girl Scout cookies I can't stand is how little money the girls actually get out of it.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i buy a box any chance i can get those cookies are good.

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do the girlscouts even do anything other than sell those cookies?
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    When they come to the house selling their cookies, why don't ya do like I do and smack em around a little....ya know break a bone or two, that'll teach em.......sheeesh! [:D][:D][:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • rpo242rpo242 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't eat the cookies, so I buy a box and open them and give them to the girls selling them. Sure brings out the smiles.[:)][:)][^]

You can't miss fast enough.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    No pushy sales here aI just take em to work and tell my co workers if they don't buy Im gonna kick their butt!!!

Actually around here they sell themselves, most people look forward to them and ask who's selling them!!! As a matter of fact Im eating one of the new double chocolate ones now!!! MM MMM Good!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    All sweetness and sunshine here. Demure little things asking "Please Mister, will you buy our cookies?" I can't take the sugar so I give them whatever ones I have in my pocket. Now those rabid Wheels for the World guys put their hands on me again I'm going to wrap that wheel chair around their heads.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Girl scout cookies[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    give em a break.[:)] I just bought 5 boxes this past Saturday

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it that time again. I will keep an eye out. No hard sales tactics here.
    Only thing I am disappointed about is how the "quantity" has gone down so much.
    I seem to remember there being many more in a box.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • kitfookitfoo Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm from NY and I've only seen them going door-to-door and selling them at the mall/Wal-Mart/Kmart..etc. Haven't seen any crazy tactics yet. Usually those are reserved for the junior high kids holding a car wash.