In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Will pelosi get the numbers?

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
I hear she's trying to get her old job back. I kind a want her to miss it by a few. Like by 200 [:D].

Also, Trump's words kind a worries me.

Comments

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want her to remain as Speaker. The more leftist/Marxist nut jobs screeching, ranting, foaming at the mouth and acting like total idiots for the American people to see, the better!![}:)][:D][}:)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    she has to GET the job so we can see who GETS it !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes she will get the job just like Hillary got the nomination from Bernie and it looks like he made a fortune off her. Money talks
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes they are scared chitless of her.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I don't like to wish ill on anyone, but in her case, maybe a nice myocardial event?
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    edited November -1
    You just want to do the chest compressions, right?
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jogging ought to do her chest compressions
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    I want her to remain as Speaker. The more leftist/Marxist nut jobs screeching, ranting, foaming at the mouth and acting like total idiots for the American people to see, the better!![}:)][:D][}:)]
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ SPOT ON When I heard Trump say he'd support her, it was obvious to me why.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope she does not get the numbers.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    With the largest comeback in house numbers in memory, it will be hard to find a meaningful vote against her in the coming weeks.

LOL!

You are a hoot
    RLTW

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She's Democrat. Of the 435 Reps, she'll win by 1,200 votes.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if she doesn't win the first time she will on the recount..........
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean even the new members who won GOP districts by promising not to vote for her?

With the largest comeback in house numbers in memory, it will be hard to find a meaningful vote against her in the coming weeks.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She is a marvelous (D) Speaker of the House! Nothing of value will get done, corruption will continue and her $1,000 a week booze bill will restart with a vengeance. We get to see (D) party nutcases go on about Impeachment, banning ASSAULT RIFLES and by golly they will even propose taxing the rich more (except for themselves and their (D) donors).

https://www.ihatethemedia.com/nancy-pelosi-jet-fueled-by-alcohol-and-lots-of-it
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I guess it depends upon how one measures numbers or how long one's memory may be.

In 2010, the GOP gained 60 seats.

In 2018, the Democrats gained 40 seats.

The popular vote totals in 2018 were greater for the democrats in 2018 than for the republicans in 2010.

From a governing perspective, this is not the largest comeback by a large margin.

The popular vote gain, however is significant, and is something that cannot be ignored. One would think it had more to do with an anti-Trump motivation than a pro-Pelosi motivation. This is obviously just conjecture on my part, primarily because I cannot get my head around the concept of pro-Pelosi.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

I guess it depends upon how one measures numbers or how long one's memory may be.

In 2010, the GOP gained 60 seats.

In 2018, the Democrats gained 40 seats.

The popular vote totals in 2018 were greater for the democrats in 2018 than for the republicans in 2010.

From a governing perspective, this is not the largest comeback by a large margin.

The popular vote gain, however is significant, and is something that cannot be ignored. One would think it had more to do with an anti-Trump motivation than a pro-Pelosi motivation. This is obviously just conjecture on my part, primarily because I cannot get my head around the concept of pro-Pelosi.

Okay, one of the largest in memory in an off year election.

In 2010, all 435 seats were up, not so in 2018.

But I sincerely doubt that the voters were considering the Speaker of the House in their deliberations.

Umm, 2018 was an off-year election. They were both the mid-term elections during the first term of the president at the time.

I also believe all 435 house seats were up as well, given it is a two year term.

Having an off day?[:)]

Edit:

Also interesting to note that in 2010, democrats lost 6 seats in the Senate, and in 2018 the GOP gained a couple. This comparison is tilted, however, in that the democrats were defending more than twice the number of seats as the GOP, though the party in power gaining seats in a mid-term is unusual, none-the-less.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    She's Democrat. Of the 435 Reps, she'll win by 1,200 votes. lolol.gif