In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Best handgun scope for Ruger Blackhawk

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was feeling froggy so I ordered a special scope base and rings for my Ruger Blackhawk (.357, 6" barrel). I'm thinking about a Burris handgun scope but I'm having a hard time making the decision. I love Nikon and Leupold but I've never owned a Burris.

Any suggestions for Make/Model/Power?

I'd like to use it for fun and enjoyment but I do not know the capabilities of the revolver itself. Maybe it would be good for deer from the tree stand. I got close enough to pee on a few of them this year.

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will second the motion so-to-speak on the Leupold M8-2X. I have this scope mounted on my Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag, and it was withstood many years of Magnum+ loads.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Noooooooooooooo. Don't do it. Dem thar six shooters wernt meant fer a scope. Ruins the utility.
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will regret the scope the first time you try to make an awkward shot on a deer, and your eye relief is too short. Dont do it buddy.

"Never argue with an idiot.... They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

"I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem."

Ryan
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dakotashooter--I felt that my gun cabinet was lacking an anachronism.

robsguns--I really don't mean for it to be such a serious hunting tool. I plan to mostly just shoot it for pleasure and pack it as a second choice to my primary tool of the great harvest. I wouldn't be hunting with it exclusively. I haven't even shot it yet. It was one of those guns that I've always "just wanted" for no reason whatsoever. I saw the price tag and nobody bid against me. Resistance was futile. If it is capable of short-range hunting accuracy then I would like to take it with me as a second choice--even an afterthought. I would still prefer to use my slug gun or muzzleloader first. It's interesting that you mention the awkward shot. I had a whitetail under my treestand this year. Actually, several were enjoying breakfast RIGHT underneath my perch. I was aiming STRAIGHT down and was maneuvering around the platform on which I was firmly planted. I recall actually wishing I had a handgun capable of performing the dispatch. I passed on the shot and took one that decided to trot by with her lady-friend.
  • springer1springer1 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go with a bushnell holo sight ,that way you can switch it back and forth between your slug gun and the .357 .You will love it for turkey also and at about 250 I think a deal